Is American Idol the root of all evil when it comes to music?

I think so. It's nothing but a parade of wanna-be's doing what's been done jillions of times before.

Who says I hate it? And no, Tia...I don't watch it. I just constantly hear about it and don't get the hype. It's like Star Search on 'roids. I guess I'm just old.

No I think it's an opportunity for singers who are good, to get a chance to make money. The judges are too close-minded and look for the most generic "next best thing" which is why it may be ruining the music industry because we keep getting shoved what we already have. Which is why I would like to see someone different.

Your so wrong.

Imagine this:

Your twelve and you just discovered the one thing you love to do most in the world, and you have a real passion for it and you want to do it all the time. (Doesn't matter what it is)

and for the next five years you spend time doing your favorite thing and going to talent contests or whatever and everyone tells you your good and you fell good when your doing what it is you love. Then when your 17 your parents fly you to try out for a competition that involves doing what you love. And you make it into the competition and you make it further and further and everyone loves you and your becoming famous and your so happy doing it, now your dreams are coming true. American Idol is giving a chance to individuals to fullfill their dreams and do what they love and make others happy because they love to listen to the singing. American Idol makes dreams happen for people and it's not just a parade. Thank you

I don't think the show, or the kids are evil - however, Ryan Seacrest and Simon Cowell are pretty close. They are building their reputations on becoming sarcastic, mean,rude, and very uncaring of others' feelings. I feel these two should be replaced - but they wont because they generate income for the shows creators, and thats what it's all about - money.

American Idol is show meant to turn nobody's into a sombody whose album is bound to have terrible record sales and end up on a reality television show (except Kelly and Carie, they don't apply to this)

That is the beauty of a free country. We are all allowed to have choices (thank you to our military) and one of your choices your allowed to make is what you want to watch... If it were the root of all evil, why are we at war?? why do we have starving children in our own country?

It's hardly a pimple on the butt of evil, but again the beauty of our own choices (and opinions) is that were all entitled.

• Nessie

American idol is just a load of nonsense.

That is exactly why we need Jason Castro to win this year. He is different but he is also unique because he is such a talented and awesome performer.

Jason Castro 2008!!

i <3 american idol im sooo obsessed w. it!!!

(david.c. WILL win)

BROOKE IS 4 EVR MY IDOL =]

ahh haters get on my nerves. if you dont like, dont watch it! and dont talk about it. whats the point if you think its, 'the root fo all evil?'

that joe guy is right.

i dont think its evil but this year,

WHEN david C. wins h will join kelly and carrie:)