Is there a program out there which can unlock routers passwords when on wifi.?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yes there is. ut it is illegal and bad to do so im not going to tell you what it is

• Bill C
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes and the FBI can do it all the time with what is known as a snifter or sniffer program. Your computer is always looking for a wireless connection and when it finds a signal, it attempts to get access to the signal, if the signal is locked, the program kicks in and attempts (until success) to find the length and then the random access password to the wifi connection.

• 1 decade ago

No, but rather than do it illegally, read the back of your router, or the handbook to get password default details, and how to reset ;)

• 1 decade ago

there probably is but it would be illegal...if it's open wifi though it is ok to use it...for example I have at school I use my laptop pulling Internet usage from the school's router

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if someone does illegal gain access, the router will e-mail the owner to inform them to change the password.

Also almost imposable to get around mac address filer and wep / wep2 security.

Note the law treats people who do this as computer hackers, very serious as all computers will leave footprints.

Its easy to stop people, make sure the web security is on and mac address filter is set up and your e-mail address is set up to receive any computer i.d's trying to hacking in.

Most modern routers have all this set 'on' as standard.

• 1 decade ago

Just go to starbucks where u get free wifi

• 1 decade ago

If you me WEP Keys there are but they take days to hack the network because you have to "steal" 1,000,000 packets to get a good WEP Key and then you need another program that would organize the packets to make a WEP Key.

• 1 decade ago

There probably are programs available but hey - how about buying your own internet access instead of stealing other peoples.

• 1 decade ago

there is a prog. but i dont remember the name lol search for it ;)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is illegal to steal internet access.

Hence, NO there aren't such legal software.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.