Women voters: John McCain stated we need more education & training to be equal. How does this make you feel?

The House recently passed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act legislation that would broaden the statute of limitations for women to file a claim for gender wage discrimination . It currently is a miniscule 180 days. This Act was just presented to the Senate in which the Republicans blocked it. John McCain made the statement that women just need more education and training to make more money. Smart move to gain the votes of American women! Do we need a candidate that wants to restrict the rights of women? How does this comment make you feel?

J-Card- I am not an Obama supporter. I support Hillary which was a champion in bringing forth this Act. Both Hillary and Obama both voted for this Act. I'll be damned before I would vote for this sexist geriatric war loving loser.

Hawaiian- Yes, some people do need more education but that includes both genders male and female. Females that have the SAME education, experience, and qualifications should not make 77 cents (white) and 63 cents (African American)to the dollar of their male counterparts. If you would like to settle for less then let your wallet burn. I do not stand for inequality.

Hawaiian- Read the act the reason I addressed this to women is because the act revolves around the gender pay gap..Please read the info you are no getting the question.

• canam

It is very true in many fields that men make more for doing the same job a woman does. In the nursing field, men are proven to make more than the women-same job-same educational requirements. Men almost always get promoted quickly in the nursing field also, as opposed to women who must work for many years to get a promotion. Nursing has been a female dominated profession, however, compare that to law enforcement, that is male dominated. Females are not promoted more quickly, and in law enforcement that does not require the education that nursing does, compare the pay and benefits and law enforcement is way ahead. A nurse retireing will do so without the benefit of health insurance, unlike a police officer, who after just 20 years retires with health insurance and a healthy pension. Women are indeed short changed. More education is not the answer as McCain suggests, equal pay and equal opportunity is the answer. McCain apparently does not understand the middle class workers. His comment implies that women do not make as much as men because they lack education-a very stupid assessment of the situation.

Statistics are very twistable and can appear to be something they are not. All working women make $78XXX vs. All working men make $100XXX does NOT mean women are paid unfairly. And this is pretty much what is thrown out there for you to fall for. Show me some real data - GIVEN EQUAL EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / RESPONSIBILITY - where women are treated unfairly. As a former business professional, I have never personally experienced it, and I have a few years of large company (external) audit experience (means I've analyzed lots of payroll data from lots of industries)- never seen it either. I'm sure there is a pig boss here and there who treat women badly and pays them unfairly, but not at a level worthy of congressional attention. We already have plenty of protectionist laws in place, so if your boss is the aforementioned pig - sue him. For example, I've choosen to stay home a while and raise my kids myself. When I return to work, I don't expect to be paid the same as my former coworker, who didn't take any time off and has been racking up experience in my absence. (Even if we have an equal education and the same responsibilities.) Show me a source re: McCain saying women shouldn't be paid the same as men. I believe you are very wrong.

It is amazing the amount of stupidity spouted by our "leaders" isn't it?

So, if women are as educated as the man they are working next to, I guess the reason they do not receive the same amount of money is because the "other" women who are in the same job "somewhere" are not as well educated, huh?

Also, it is very interesting how many companies out here have a company policy that you are not supposed to talk about what you make to other employees. That is because they don't want their employees to know how much they are "not" making compared to the others in the company.

I stand by my choice of HILLARY for president. If she does not win the nomination, I know how to write her in. I just wonder how many more will do the same.

• meg

Since women have out numbered men in college attendance and graduations for over 20 years, it show he is clueless as well as sexist or he would have come up with a better excuse.

There is some truth to that statement. Personally, I know several women who needs more education and training to make more money. You can't penalize a person who speaks the truth, and hate them for it. Unlesss it is a racist person like Wright, who doesn't think before he speaks his ugly racist statements and lies every chance he gets. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is entitled to their opinion, and some people just can't take it when someone speaks the truth. It burns and hurts!!!

Yes, of course it is both genders who need more education to be make more money, however, John McCain already knows that there are men who need more education to make more money. His reference and yours, I might add, is to WOMEN VOTERS...it says it at the beginning of your question!!!

Like I stated before, he is an old fart who is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo out of touch with today's America.

Unless you make millions a year, you would be a fool to vote for him. He doesnt care about the middle class or lower class.

He will send you to special camp where you will learn to make baked goods.

always better to raise the bar than to lower it----across the board

that make me feel that you are wasting your time.... there is no way obama could win, it would be the end of america

• :-P Whatever!