Safe to shoot? Old Mausers...?

Going to be going to the gun range soon with some old rifles. One of the guns is an 1891 Argentine Mauser made in 1893. My dad bought it in the 60s when he was a teenager, and figures the last time he shot it was sometime before he left for vietnam in 1969, and it hasn't been shot since. The gun looks to be... show more Going to be going to the gun range soon with some old rifles. One of the guns is an 1891 Argentine Mauser made in 1893. My dad bought it in the 60s when he was a teenager, and figures the last time he shot it was sometime before he left for vietnam in 1969, and it hasn't been shot since. The gun looks to be in superb condition, he's kept it oiled over the years, but is there anything we should do or check before it's fired, considering it has been 40 years? Also have a RC Mauser 98k I just bought that we'll be bringing along, same question goes for that. What do we have to worry about, if anything?
Update: Gun E - here ya go buddy
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/7.65_Argentine.html
Update 2: The action is what the Mausers are famous for and why the Springfield 1903 used a "modified" Mauser action, which looked and felt exactly the same..so i'm not sure how much different it really was.