katru11 asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

feeding my betta fish?

I recently got a betta fish and I puchased some frozen blood worms to feed him. I have flake food I have been feeding him for the past few days, but I wanted to have a little more of a variety. The frozen blood worms came in little sqares with quite a few worms in each bloody little square.. yuck. How many of these worms should I feed him and how often do any of you betta owners recomend feeding your fish? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

bettas only have a stomach the size of their eye some it depends on how big he/she is, i find it better to use freeze dried blood worms by tetra there is no liquid mess just sprinkel @6 worms in your hand and that should be good do that in the morning and before bed and your little guy will love you. hope it helps

Source(s): i'm a breeder

I dont mean to be mean to any of these people but dont listen, put 1/4 of the square in some water just a little bit from the tank then scrape them up and hold them on the surface of the water this way they can eat as much as they can in a few minutes with out leaving any of them to fall to the bottom to rott, mine will jump out of the water to eat these!!

btw if your not breeding they only need to eat once a day!!!

Source(s): betta owner. and research

Back when I was trying to breed my bettas. I used to feed them half of the squares you are talking about each day. One quater in the morning and the other one in the afternoon.

Now that I am not trying to breed them, I feed them regular flakes every morning.

well if you really want to give variety buy some live brine shirmp aswell, but for now thats fine. about the worms.......give them about a quater of a block each and skip feeding once a day evey week to help the fish digest their food so they don't get SBD (swim Bladder disordor)

• For one fish would just be about a half a pinch for any food to feed them. I like to stick with flakes and then those pelet things

i have 2 bettas and a 10 gl tropical freshwater tank i feed mine about a half a pinch for 1 but i have to so a pinch

i would never feed my fish frozen worms just buy little betta food balls. they taste different from flakes im sure

Hey. if i were you i would get freeze dried ones. They are easier to feed. You should feed the betta 3-4 Freeze DRIED bloodworms. Hope that helps :)

Source(s): I feed my betta bloodworms.

Feed him a piece about the size of half pencil eraser..He really can't eat more.The excess will just foul the water.