Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 decade ago

Im Ten Years Old.... Belly Pierced?

My mom wont let me get my belly pierced... what do you think?? It not fair she has hers pierced!!

Do you think she had hers pierced when she was 10?

as a mom myself I wont let my kids do it either (I have my eyebrow pierced) I think piercings can wait till they are old enough to get them without my consent, never know they might change their minds.

Thats why your mom probably said no, you are 10, between 10 and 17 there is a long time, you might change your mind, there is also the fact of infections. Piercings require a lot of care when first done and many of them do get infected and she probably just doesnt want that to happen to you.

No way. I'm 17 and still don't have my belly button pierced. Maybe your mom doesn't want you to get it done because she thinks it was a mistake for her to get it. It leaves an awful scar and you can't wear tight clothes, plus, the long chains look tacky. ESPECIALLY on a pre-pubescent 10 year old. I would say no way no way no way. Trust me, I wanted one a couple years ago, and today, I'm so happy I didn't go get one.

• Livvye

Probably because your WAY too young! Is your mom ten years old? That's why, because she is older. I would NEVER let my kids get theirs periced when they were 10. They would have to be atleast 14 for belly button piercing. your only in like 4th or 5th grade, your a little girl. why do you want it peirced?

still with single ears peircing.

No way I'm 11 and in 6th grade and I would never want to pierce my belly

I was 11 also when i had my belly button pierced and believe me i am now 21 and i totally regret it. I took it out and now have a horrible scar dont do it wait sweety x

there tacky. and leave a scar, so if you change your mind when your older you will always be stuck with the scar. your mom would also look bad to teachers, your friends parents, and anyone who see's the belly button piercing. wait five more years and see if you want it then.

im 15 my mom wont let me get it done

why do you what it pierced?

i think your a bit too young

wait til your 13 and ask again

are you serious..YOUR TEN!!! theres no need for a ten year old to get their belly button pierced.. at 13 maybe but at ten no way. grow up and wait until your older.

Because you're too young. Wait till you're 18 =]

Seriously, that is pretty stupid. I'm 16, and I definitely wouldn't want it done. What's with all these 10 year olds trying to act "cool"?