Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Where can I buy pure solid coconut/ coconut oil??

i want to make a coconut hair masque for my dry hair, but where can i buy some fresh solid coconut or coconut oil???

Favorite Answer

well,right now i am in India and there is a good brand of coconut oil,for you hair called Parachute.I am sure in all of Asia they will have it.You can buy it at almost any store.

Also try whole foods store.

Coconut Oil Asda

u can get it a coconut spray for the hair from boots. and coconut conditioner from asda which works really well and trust me my hair is very thick and dry, but if u are specifically looking for a cocnut oil i get mine from an indian grocery store it works really well, its solid in a jar and u have to warm it up in the microwave.. u could try looking in tescos or asda in the indian section. and also 'lush' sell some coconut products especially for dry hair. hope this helps :) xxxxx

You can buy block coconut in Tescos or in any Indian shop. Indians use a lot of coconut in their food and also sell coconut oil for your hair. Its very easily available in all Indian shops.

Pharmacies usually sell it in a tub that is solid and melts when you rub it into your hands. One word of warning it is very difficult to get out of you hair unles you put neat shampoo straight onto your hair, also dont wet you hair first. You can make a good hot oil treatment with almond oil and warm it in jug over some warm water and then wrap your head in hot towels. These are good simple moisturizing treatments and are very basic, a good quality professional product would be much more effective and a lot less hassle to wash out than these.

hope this helps

You can find it in some grocery stores with the rest of the oils. If your "regular" grocery store doesnt carry it, try a natural foods store.

I do the same. :) I treat my hair and scalp with coconut oil every couple weeks.

superdrug! in the hair section, its 99p for suerdrugs own 100% pure coconut oil, or there is this pure coconut oil shine spray for £1.99 :)

We get it from Tescos. Most other supermarkets sell it now. It's in a bright purple box, and it has Little's sachets inside. It's with the sauces and the likes. Can sometimes find it with other curry stuff, like poppadoms and chutney.

Have a look at some really good grocery stores , usually big ones

you used to be able to buy it in a jar at superdrug dont know if you still can ,, alternativley use a shop or market stall intended for afro caribean shoppers i have bought this way locally and theyre are wonderful