Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

omg something came out of my pregnant cat last night and it was definately not a kitten... what was it?

mkay so i was laying with her but shes too fat so i didnt have enough room so i picked her up and moved her and i put her on the floor and she meowd once so i turned on the light and watched her. all the sudden her stomach was making those weird movements that they make when a cat is having kittens so i was like omg shes having them! but when she got up some WEIRD like organ type thing came out. it was clear in some parts and filled with blood kindof idk i didnt really look... but then she flippin ate it!!! and it was all bloody .. but shes still pregnant! well thats what i think i mean shes still wicked fat ... what was that thing that came out of her, should i be worried??

Favorite Answer

it was probably the placenta to one of the kittens... the kitten comes out first though.. so the kitten will be still born.. it is normal for the mom to eat the placenta its the thing that supplys the blood and oxygen to the kitty and if it dosent have it, the kitty will die =[.. if she hasent had her kitties by now you NEED to take her to the vet!!! she will die herself if shes has not givin birth

My cat ate one in all her kitten after it were born besides. it is extraordinarily unhappy, yet she replaced right into an excellent mom to the different one that replaced into born on the comparable time. We discovered her the subsequent morning with component to the lifeless kitten. i don't think of it is uncommon nevertheless, so as that could have been what befell.

This is normal. It sounds like her water broke. If she doesn't give birth within 24 hours after this happens then You need to consult a vet. It is perfectly normal for her to eat the afterbirth. Give her a quiet place she can go to have her litter and leave her alone.

O_O Omg, I owuld be flipping out if I were you

I'd take her to a vet...thats all the advice I have. Good luck!

• Laurie

If she hasn't given birth yet you need to call the vet right away.

• Kevo

Call Abarham Linkin he'll know what to do