promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

Where would Triple H be if he didnt marry Stephanie?

I see all you people bashing Triple H saying he wouldn't still be in the WWE if he didn't marry Stephanie. Thats a lie. The only thing that would have happened would be that he would not have had as much influence backstage and with storylines. Its garbage to say he still wouldn't be with WWE, and its CRAP to say he doesn't deserve it. The man has been in Countless classics with Foley, and Shawn Michaels. Camon people.

What do you think?

26 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

According to Triple H himself, before the marriage storyline, he and Stephanie had never even spoken to each other. By the time they did that storyline, Triple H was already a 2 time WWF Champion. When Vince brought him in initially, Triple H was given vignettes and was built up as being a future big star in the company. He became friends with Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall, who had as much backstage power as anybody in the WWF at the time. After the MSG incident, Triple H thought he'd be fired, but Vince only made him get squashed by Ultimate Warrior at WM 12 and postpone his KOTR win from 1996 to 1997.

When they introduced the WHC in 2002, they gave it to Triple H because he was the most established name on Raw and the biggest draw. They gave it to him so that people would perceive it as being on the same level as the WWE Title, if not even more prestigious. They almost gave it to RVD, but the creative team thought that because RVD had never held a world title, people would think that the WHC wasn't as prestigious as the WWE wanted it to be. By Triple H and Shawn Michaels being the first two World Heavyweight Champions, it made the title look valuable and desirable. Triple H's 9 month reign in 2003 (the longest of his career) made the WHC the most prestigious championship in the WWE.

Even after Triple H and Stephanie got married, Triple H has only had 4 world title reigns, and hasn't held a title of any kind for more than 1 night since WM 21 in 2005. By Triple H losing to Chris Benoit, Batista, John Cena, and Randy Orton, it made all those guys look like deserving world champions.

Sure, Triple H might have had 3 or 4 fewer reigns as world champion, but he was always one of Vince's favorites. He's been with the company since 1995, and has worked his way up through the midcard and earned his main event spot. He has had classic matches with Goldust, Mick Foley, Undertaker, Steve Austin, The Rock, Owen Hart, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Batista, John Cena, Randy Orton, and Edge. Even if Triple H never married Stephanie McMahon (or even dated her), he would still be The Game because he is that damn good.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Paul G
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I think he would have remained in wwe but at best the'd be a former 12 time IC champion and not World Champion. Ok maybe one or two title reigns after all he is talented.

But he is not half as good as wwe wants to portrait him.

Seriously, would you vote for HHH as the greatest wrestler ever...don't think so.

Shawn Michaels is another example of what can happen to your career when your constantly kissing Vince's butt.

Don't get me wrong, both guys are very talented specially HBK, but the fact is They have had much more success than what they were entitled to.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He would still be in WWE.

HHH was always favored backstage, and even after the Kliq Incident, he was still being placed in matches vs. upper mid-carders and main-eventers. If HHH wasn't married to Stephanie McMahon, the only difference would be in his World Title reigns. I believe that HHH would have close to 6 or 7, not what he has now (11). Looking at how many Stone Cold and The Rock got, I doubt HHH would have more than either one, considering they were bigger in the company than he was.

He would not be in TNA. WWE would not let one of their biggest stars go to TNA at all. Also, at this point, HHH is one of the biggest loyalists the WWE has that is still wrestling (there is also The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels).

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Triple H is the luckiest man alive, and he pretty much earned his way to the top regardless of what people say Triple H is a true warrior. He's been through street fights, HIAC matches, and everything else. Of course he's going to be one of the top guys with or without Stephanie's influence because of his badass persona. HHH is my favorite in WWE all-time, followed closely by Chris Jericho.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Triple H was the highest earner in the WWE in 2005 just making over $2,000,000 and he gets use of WWE's personal private jet several times a year, Also he gets to bang Stephanie McMahon.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I hate Triple H. If he didn't marry Stephanie, I'd like him. I think he'd still be in WWE, but not as big. He'd probably be a 3 time WWE Champion. Other than that he'd probably be a mid-card to main eventer like Jericho is now.

• Kim P
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Triple H always gets what he wants and it's because he's married to Stephanie. If they weren't married he wouldn't be with the WWE.

• 1 decade ago

TNA. but the scorelines would have been very different. i read that the only reason regal won KOTR was because HHH wanted regal to win. So WWE would be way different and if HHH wasn't in TNA but stayed at WWE he would probably never be a 12 time world champion

• I am a big fan of Triple H but I do wonder sometimes what would have happened if he never married Stephanie McMahon but I do think he would have been somewhat successful.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well not 12 time world champion but I think he would have been champ at least once regardless of Steph he can put on a good match when need be and he's excellent on the mic with lots of charisma and a cool entrance. Certainly helps to be sleepin with Steph though

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.