Tyler's story? Part I?

I've copied this exactly as I wrote it nearly 20 years ago... 10-19-1988 I don't feel very well today, but no one seems to notice. I'm not hungry at all and I'm very sleepy. Mama and Daddy are all excited about taking me home. I know they love me very much, but I wish they knew I was sick. I... show more I've copied this exactly as I wrote it nearly 20 years ago...

10-19-1988
I don't feel very well today, but no one seems to notice. I'm not hungry at all and I'm very sleepy. Mama and Daddy are all excited about taking me home. I know they love me very much, but I wish they knew I was sick. I also wish they knew I haven't had a "baby scan", some test I heard the nurses talking about that involves a very painful poke in the foot. I'm not going to be the one to remind them! Once I'm home I'm sure I'll feel much better.
I guess I was mistaken. We're home now and I still don't feel good. I just can't seem to wake up to see what "home" really is. I've heard them talk about it and it sounds very nice. I hope I will enjoy it as much as they do.

(Continued....)
I'm running out of room. Funny, it didn't seem that long when I wrote it....
Update: This thing they call "Honey" seems veery excited. It keeps jumping on mama and Tina and they are trying to keep it away from me. Is it dangerous? It sure is noisy! Mama is holding me now, asking me if I'm hungry. I'm not. Actually I'm feeling worse as time goes by. The noise of that... show more This thing they call "Honey" seems veery excited. It keeps jumping on mama and Tina and they are trying to keep it away from me. Is it dangerous? It sure is noisy! Mama is holding me now, asking me if I'm hungry. I'm not. Actually I'm feeling worse as time goes by. The noise of that "Honey" is really starting to bug me. It just made a very loud noise that scared me!
Oh gosh, I feel awful. Something is happening to me that I've never felt before. I'm shaking and I can't stop it. Mama looks scared...She knows something is wrong! Mama! I'm not breathing! I CAN'T breathe!! DO SOMETHING!! HELP ME!!!
She's shaking me and patting my back...it isn't helping! Mama, PLEASE! DO SOMETHING!
I see Tina now, uh-oh, she said "I've never done this before." Geeze Tina, please try to help me because mama is too scared and I can't do anything!
Oh Tina, thank you! I'm getting some air! Keep going!---Ahhh... A big breath and a cry came out! Mama is on the phone yelling at someone called Colleen...Oh no,
Update 2: I'm getting dizzy. I still can't breathe! What is wrong with me? Just keep giving me air Tina, you're doing the right thing! I'm in someone else's arms now. This must be Colleen. She's blowing in my face. Mama is pacing and crying...Tina seems calm, but I know she is scared. We're all... show more I'm getting dizzy. I still can't breathe! What is wrong with me?
Just keep giving me air Tina, you're doing the right thing!
I'm in someone else's arms now. This must be Colleen. She's blowing in my face. Mama is pacing and crying...Tina seems calm, but I know she is scared. We're all very scared!
OH!!! A DEEP breath! And another, and another! I think I'm coming back! I must look a fright!! Mama yelled "Colleen, He's BLUE!!"
Boy, that was exhausting! I feel so tired I can't do anything but go back to sleep. I can hear them talking and I can hear sirens. That's what mama called them, anyway. Everyone is all shook up, crying, wondering what is wrong with me. Mama is afraid to take me back from Colleen. Please mama, I need you!
The siren noises are getting louder...now they stopped. Ah, quiet. Nice. I can hear Daddy's voice outside. Tina is going to meet him and the sirens.
More new people. Three men just walked in and mama is babbling at them about what happened.
Update 3: They're looking at me... Well, he looks OK now," the first one carrying the black suit case says. "We can call an ambulance if you like." "Call the hospital" daddy says, "Let's see what they say." So mama is calling the place we just came from, and they say to call my... show more They're looking at me... Well, he looks OK now," the first one carrying the black suit case says. "We can call an ambulance if you like."
"Call the hospital" daddy says, "Let's see what they say." So mama is calling the place we just came from, and they say to call my pediatician, whatever that is...
I'm feeling OK now, just very, very tired and kind of shaky. I wish I could tell them it's OK. Just let me sleep.
"They said to take him to Children's Hospital" mama says. Well that makes sense mama, I'm a "children". Let's go!! "Ambulance?" The siren guy asks...We'll go in the car as long as he's OK now. (See, mama and daddy don't have a lot of money and it cost a lot for me to be born.)
Now here we are at the Children's hospital. They'll be able to fix me. Mama is holding me again. She is rocking me and feeling my chest to make sure I'm breathing. Everyone is so scared! I'm so glad they love me so much and tried so hard to help me.
Update 4: We've been waiting for a long time and then a voice says "Tyler?" That's me!! We go into a small room and they're asking mama all kinds of questions about what happened.... Now she's telling the same thing to another doctor! I'm just so tired... That's all, just tired. Being born... show more We've been waiting for a long time and then a voice says "Tyler?" That's me!! We go into a small room and they're asking mama all kinds of questions about what happened.... Now she's telling the same thing to another doctor! I'm just so tired... That's all, just tired. Being born isn't easy, you know.
Uh-oh...Upstairs? Blood tests? SPINAL TAP?! This is really going to hurt!

Then:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg315...

Now:

It really does have a happy ending!