If two players on opposing teams drop their sticks, could one player pick up the others guys stick if its.....

closer to him without getting a penalty? If not, what if the other player is no longer on the ice?

• NIPS®
    Favorite Answer

I believe if a non-broken stick is abandoned then it is fair game and anyone can pick it up and use it as long as the player picking it up doesnt already have a stick. I could be wrong.

Yeah that form of befell final year whilst Koivu dropped his stick, ripped bobby ryans out of his hand then bobby ryan performed with Koivu's stick (a lefty stick) whilst he's a righty and scored... you're no longer aloud to play with somebody else's stick on the different team yet whilst they're a similar looking stick the refs can no longer tell.

No. There is a penalty for knocking a stick away- I think that would qualify under that rule. (think it's an unsportsmanlike)

If the other player is no longer on the ice, I don't think it would be a problem.

If the stick is broken then you are not allowed to touch it at all. But say if the goalie drops his stick or another player does then as long as it is not broken at all then you can pick it up.

You will see in the NHL sometimes the goalie drops his stick, you will see defenseman pick it up and hand it to him.

Hope that helps!

yes. you can even pick up the stick of an opposing player and use that

Good question. And what would the name of that penalty be if there was one?

i think you can pick up his stick, just say it was an accident

I'm not sure i don't see why not.