How long before poison runs its course and is out of a small dogs system?

I think my dog has gotten into some kind of poison I am currently unemployed so i have no money for the vet it started yesterday and i fed him an egg and milk mixture, he hasn't thrown up since last night. Today he is very week and shakes periodically. I have been forcing children's pedialite down him to... show more I think my dog has gotten into some kind of poison I am currently unemployed so i have no money for the vet it started yesterday and i fed him an egg and milk mixture, he hasn't thrown up since last night. Today he is very week and shakes periodically. I have been forcing children's pedialite down him to prevent dehydration. He won't eat anything there has been no diarrhea and no blood in his vomit nor any signs of a fever, his breathing is normal except when he starts to shake and his heart seems to be beating regularly what else should i do and how long before it runs its course. i have researched common dog diseases and he doesnt really seem to have any of those symptons plus his shots are current what else could it be and what else can i do?