Do you lie on your CV?

Just wondering, does everyone lie on their CV and to what extent, do you make up job titles, company names, have you ever made up false references? ie - your auntie and say she was a previous employer that kind of thing. I have extended dates to make it seem I have been places longer, i miss out all the... show more Just wondering, does everyone lie on their CV and to what extent, do you make up job titles, company names, have you ever made up false references? ie - your auntie and say she was a previous employer that kind of thing.

I have extended dates to make it seem I have been places longer, i miss out all the temporary assignments as I dont want it to look as if Ive been all over the place and sometimes I change the duties to match as close as I can to the jobs im applying for!
Update: im not job hunting I have a permanent job and am on maternity leave just now I was just curious!