For Married/Experienced Couples - 2 years plus minimum. Ages 23+?

I have been with my girlfriend for a year and a half, we don’t live together yet which might be part of the issue…but our sex life is pretty much crappy right now. It’s once or twice a week and only because she wont have sex unless she’s relaxed which happens to only be on Friday and Saturday nights for some... show more I have been with my girlfriend for a year and a half, we don’t live together yet which might be part of the issue…but our sex life is pretty much crappy right now. It’s once or twice a week and only because she wont have sex unless she’s relaxed which happens to only be on Friday and Saturday nights for some reason.

I am not a sex addict by any means, but am I crazy for wanting it like 3-4 times a week? Yeah we live busy lives but I’ve always thought there is room to be intimate. We both work 40 hours a week 7:00am-3:30pm then we get off work and go to the gym, myself for two hours, her for one hour. Sometimes I ask that we meet up before going to the gym to make love, she says yes but then when she comes over she’s not into it.

Yes I know the “easy” solution is to break up with her and find someone that can fulfill my needs but I love her very much and this is the only issue we have in the relationship everything else is great.
Update: She was sexually assaulted by a co-worker when she was 19 (sorry I don’t like to use the word) and she is not 25 going on 26. I understand there is no “getting over it” when it comes to something like that, and I also understand that it must be rough to view sex as something enjoyable. But see it from my point... show more She was sexually assaulted by a co-worker when she was 19 (sorry I don’t like to use the word) and she is not 25 going on 26. I understand there is no “getting over it” when it comes to something like that, and I also understand that it must be rough to view sex as something enjoyable.

But see it from my point I’m not the only guy she’s slept with after that happened, she told me she was usually drunk with ex bfs or hookups but obviously we can’t be drunk every time we have sex because our relationship is a little more serious then that plus we don’t really drink much anymore.

I am asking this to married women/men, or couples that have been involved consistently for 2 years +, no break ups, no getting back together. I want people with a lot of experience to help me out here. What do I do? I’ve tried all the obvious answers, massages, lighting candles, everything you would think would help the situation but maybe I’m doing something else wrong.
Update 2: I don’t want to hear “she’s cheating” I don’t want to hear “she doesn’t love you”, like I said, everything else is great it’s just the sex is lacking….twice a week isn’t quite enough for a couple that consists of a 23 year old and a 25 year old..

Thanks as always,
Dom.
Update 3: I had a typo, I meant to say she is NOW 25 going on 26, not "not".
Update 4: Aunt Laya - What you said makes sense, but how could I think about marriage when I am not happy in the current situation. I believe we need to better our relationship before even thinking about marriage
1 answer 1