wireless sky router?

i have had sky broadband for bout a month now.

i have the black router which they gave free, but the wireless signal on it is very poor. its meant to have a range of 100m, but my ps3 is like 5m away (with 2 walls) from the router, and i get 50-60% connectivity. my friends have the older white sky router, and they get 85-95% when their router is in the worst plce imaginable.

is it just me, or is the black wireless router (new) better than the white one (old)..

is it possible to order the old one for free from sky?

Favorite Answer

The "two walls" part is significant. 100m is the range through open space. If the walls are particularly thick, or with significant amounts of insulation, then the signal will be reduced substantially going through those walls. 50-60% is easily sufficient anyway, the connection is there, so what's the problem?

Depends on the methods the box uses to transmit the signal.

Walls are a problem with most wireless routers, try moving the router around a bit and see if the signal increases.

You can get various wireless boosters and addons, but most of it's resolved by resiting the router and using common sense.

I too have a sky wireless router(white one) and i find that it is absolute rubbish. Even when i'm sitting right next to it the connection can be terribly poor.

If you have a solution i wouldn't mind either

you can ask them, but there are a number of reason for the wireless streng of the signal, such as interference the size of the wall the way ur router is pointing etc..

Regards,

G.

http://www.howtoguidehome.com