if you have sex with a professional prostitute in thailand?

do they have to wear a condom? my partner went a few years ago and admiteed sleepin with a few prostitutes but swears he wore something and says they have to anyway plus they have a certificate showing a clean bill of health, he is not normally careless but i get worried about his past sometimes

I would suggest that your partner get tested for HIV and STD's/STI's

OK so your partner wore a condom (great)

Not to get too into his past but what about if he got oral, did he wear condoms then?

The issue is that their are STD's that can be transmitted even with a condom such as crabs, and Herpes. Herpes because it depends where the break out is and crabs because they go from hair to hair.

He says that she showed a clean bill of health but their is a window period for things like HIV which is 1-3 months after being exposed to the virus.

Again, I suggest that he get tested and while you are at it you should get tested as well. It is better to know your status then to wonder.

At least he was honest with you -

Not all prostitutes wear condoms or accept them. I don't trust Man man can just lie and say they did wear it but what if they didn't or he is just trying to cheer you up? This certificate they are showing can be face especially in Thailand they use face things just to make money. Why do you like a man who goes out with a prostitute? Please be a woman not a girl. You should better get yourself tested and him as well.

Good Luck

Frankly, condoms help but do not prevent STD's. Also with testing there can be false negatives. Herpes for example has an average of a 15% false negative rate(varies with the types of tests.) Also, certain blood tests only test for the antibodies (for HSV) and not for the virus itself. So the person could carry HSV yet still be tested clean. For viral infections there needs to be skin to skin contact. Since condoms do not cover the scrotum or the whole shaft of the penis, transmission is possible. Transmission is increased when the pubis is shaved causing skin trauma around the area. I volunteer in the medical community and know people who are positive on the first test and negative on later tests and vise versa. You can have a viral STD and not even know it. One study suggests that 2/3rd's of people who have HSV don't even know they carry the virus. I would suggest both of you to be tested for STD's a number of times every 3-6 months to be sure. I know more about HSV2 since I am a carrier. For bacterial STD's, I am less familiar with how it is transmitted.

I'd get yourself checked out, mi ole booty. A professional prostitute in Thailand aint gonna be 'the girl next door' now, is she...

Lets bear in mind that providing that he didn't sleep with these women when he was with you, he hasn't actually done a lot wrong.

Politely say to him, it would mean a lot to you and put your mind at ease if you went to your local clinic and got checked out. If he refuses point blank then, yeah, you might want to re-consider your future with him, and definitely go yourself.

If you think its worth taking a chance of catching Aids go ahead and believe a certificate that would have to be updated twenty times a day to have any usefulness

I would get yourself tested to make sure. I hope you weren't in a relationship with him when he slept with these prostitutes?

if he's the sort of man to sleep with a prostitute then why do you want to be with him. trust me they are pure dirt out there. my father was arrested for sleeping with 2 thai prossies and he's a.....to put it politley **** hole!

make him get checked and check yourself too.

you should be worried.

i have never heard of a man admitting that to a woman.

most women on here admit they would dump a guy if he told her he hooked up with a pro.

honestly, why are you with this guy? and plz dont say "cuz hes good to me." y would you want to be with a man who buys women and uses them for selfish purposes.? do you have the same values? you sound nicer than that.

nice.....

Well, I suppose a lot of men do. I think it's foul though. Get him to take a test if you're worried.