im connected to wireless internet but i cant open any web page, internet explorer saying cant displays the int

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

That's Internet Explorer for you, and Windows in general.

• brandy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Try unplugging your hub for a few minutes, then re-connect. If all the lights are on, you should be able to boot up your computer and away you go. Just check that you have actually put an installation disc in to receive the internet from your ISP!!

• 1 decade ago

If you are running in Vista then you might have to call the makers of your laptop, because I have had the same problem. Also where it shows the network connection picture - It is a picture of two computer monitors - Make sure it has an earth symbol not a red cross or just the computers themselves.

• mark
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You might be connected but have not been assigned an IP address. That sometimes happens with my router.

Go to start and click run

type "cmd" and hit enter

type ipconfig /renew at the command prompt.

If it comes back successfully, you should be set

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

start using Mozilla Firefox and get no more error messages. You can have the two at the same time just another icon on the desktop. IE is needed for Microsoft downloads etc. get it below it's free.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

Cheers and Good Luck.

• 1 decade ago
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Low strength on the signal probably

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go to the router power of for 20sec then retry.

• 1 decade ago

make sure your default connection is wireless otherwise it will keep trying to connect to cable.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.