Cannot watch youtube videos?

Whenever i log onto youtube, i get a message stating that either my flash player is out of date (it isn't) or my javascript (I have no idea what that is) is wrongly configure. I have uninstalled and reinstalled flash and am really stuck. i looked on their help section and it said: "Ensure other applications like Quicktime, iTunes, Real Player or Windows Media Player aren't set as the default streaming application, as this might affect the video player." how do i check this?

p.s. i don't belief i have changed any settings - it just stopped working and i have ran a virus scan.

Thanks.

google video player works fine - just now youtube. why?????????

xbabe825: i have looked under options and next to java it says "requires restart" i have restarted IE and my computer to no avail - it still says requires restart; help!

You don't state your operating system or what browser you're using, but I assume you're using Internet Explorer.

If you've downloaded the latest version of Java, make sure it is enabled. Go into 'Tools' when you're in IE and click on 'Internet Options', then click the 'Advanced' tab. Scroll through the list of options and you should find one that says something like 'Java (Sun) - use Java for applet'. Make sure the box is ticked. If it isn't - and if you haven't already done so - you need to shut down IE and open it again for the settings to take effect.

Regarding your default programs, go into 'Default Programs' from your Start menu (if you're using Vista). If you're using any other OS, you probably need to access it a slightly different way. But you should be able to choose your defaults in there. However, I have my default media player set as Windows Media Player, and I have no problems playing videos on YouTube, so I doubt that this will be the problem anyway.

You could also try looking at videos using an different browser. Try Firefox: http://en.www.mozilla.com/en/firefox/

I switched a few months ago and haven't looked back. But even if you prefer IE, it's handy to have another browser installed for times when one is playing up. And if the videos play on Firefox, then at least you'll know it's a problem with your IE configuration than your PC itself. And if they still don't play, then you've narrowed it down to your PC instead of your browser.

• javascript is a code && cookies runner basically. try to download the lastest javascript. mmkay

just google it

to make the flash work after its been installed you have to close ie and open it again

e-mail U-tube from the library.