Cannot watch youtube videos?

Whenever i log onto youtube, i get a message stating that either my flash player is out of date (it isn't) or my javascript (I have no idea what that is) is wrongly configure. I have uninstalled and reinstalled flash and am really stuck. i looked on their help section and it said: "Ensure other... show more Whenever i log onto youtube, i get a message stating that either my flash player is out of date (it isn't) or my javascript (I have no idea what that is) is wrongly configure. I have uninstalled and reinstalled flash and am really stuck. i looked on their help section and it said: "Ensure other applications like Quicktime, iTunes, Real Player or Windows Media Player aren't set as the default streaming application, as this might affect the video player." how do i check this?

p.s. i don't belief i have changed any settings - it just stopped working and i have ran a virus scan.

Thanks.
Update: google video player works fine - just now youtube. why?????????
Update 2: xbabe825: i have looked under options and next to java it says "requires restart" i have restarted IE and my computer to no avail - it still says requires restart; help!