Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Milky white stuff in my underwear?

At random times, when i go to the bathroom, i'll notice i have some white, milky, gooey stuff in my underwear. What is it?

What does it mean? Does it mean my period will start soon?

Am I just cleaning myself or something?

Its like, a white-ish color. And it feels kind of wet and gooey.

Glands inside your vagina and cervix make small amounts of fluid. This fluid flows out of the vagina each day, carrying out old cells that have lined the vagina. This is your body's way of keeping your vagina healthy and clean. The discharge is usually clear or milky and doesn't smell bad.

The color and thickness of the discharge change with your monthly cycle. The discharge is thicker when you ovulate (when one of your ovaries releases an egg), when a woman is breastfeeding or when you're sexually excited.

Changes that may signal a problem include an increase in the amount of discharge, a change in the color or smell of the discharge, and irritation, itchiness or burning in or around your vagina. This is called vaginitis. A discharge that's stained with blood when you're not having your period could also be a sign of a problem. Some other types of infections such as yeast infection, bacterial vaginosis and trichomoniasis can also cause discharge that is usually accompanied by odor such as beer/yeast/fish.

I would recommend that if you have any of these signs or any concerns regarding this you consult with your doctor for a proper diagnosis and for proper treatment should you have anything other than just a normal vaginal discharge.

Good luck :)

White Stuff In My Underwear

• janice

It's normal. All the hormones are getting ready. Most women have some sort of slippery/stretchy/gooey discharge in mid-cycle. You might want to wear some panty liners during this time. It will make you feel dryer and more comfortable.

• Janice

It's just natural discharge it's perfectly normal! It comes in all colours! You'll almost always get discharge while you have your period probarly around till your 50 years old

• Lora

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aw7WW

Your probably just eating too much sugar. Try filling your underwear with paper towels until its over and eating more vegetables. Watch out though, it will permanently stain your clothes.

I'm pretty sure you're just cleaning yourself...

Nothing to worry about, unless it smells funky or is a funny color; such as a yellow-ish

It can mean your period is going to start soon. All it is is discharge, it's your body cleaning itself out. As long as it isn't a weird color, has a funky smell or a chunky texture it's perfectly normal.

Yes it means that you might be getting your period soon. Don't worry it is completley normal, it will always apear right before your period. (For me it does)

• It means your period is going to start soon. Girls usually have it for a year until they get their periods. The discharge is the way the vagina cleans itself.

It's discharge it is normal. Yes, you will get your first period soon.