Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What will happen when we die?

I know this is an impossible question to answer but what do you think will happen when we die? Do you think we will just fall into a deep sleep for the rest of eternity or do you think that there is some sort of heaven? I really don't know..what do you think?

Wow, I don't think I can really choose a best answer with all of these beliefs..

Favorite Answer

Different views depend on what religion you are. You can ask this question to loads of people (which you are doing, well done!!) but you will get different answers depending on what that particular person believes in concerning their reliogion. Do you have a religion, and if so, take a look at what your religion says about this topic, then decide for yourself.

References:

Gen 2:7, Psa 104:29, Ecc 12:7, Ecc 9:5, 6, 10, Psa 115:17, Job 14:12-15, Psa 146:4, Joh 11:25, Joh 6:54, Joh 20:17, Acts 2:29, Rom 6:23, 1Co 15:20-26 and 51-57, Isa 26:19, 1Th 4:16, Luk 21:8, 2Co 11:14-15, 2Pe 3:10-12, Rev 3:3, Rev 2:11, Rev 22:12,

Look up these references for the state of the dead. Then:)

If you read the description of eternal activities in the OT, we will be learning new things all the time. And for you science buffs who hang in there until the 1000 years are over, you'll have a ball, no matter what branch of science you prefer. We will also be gardeners like Adam and Eve before the fall. Their method of working the soil involved no sweat of the brow. We will travel from planet to planet and see the "other worlds" and the people in them. We will walk and talk with the angels that were with us throughout our lifetime and throughout the lifetimes of our ancestors. We can ask all the patriarchs, prophets, and people of the Bible - who made it to eternity - any questions we've been storing up for years. Imagine the oysters that made the pearls for the gates of the new Jerusalem - one pearl per gate! We will see the animals as they were originally - huge and very friendly! We will eat perfect food which I believe involve no waste. That means no toilets! although I sure appreciate them down here. lol

We will be in a constant STATE of worship, just as we are sometimes here when we realize a blessing from God has been bestowed upon us. We say thank you, Lord. As we discover wonder after wonder in the eternal life, we will be saying that constantly in our hearts. But then there will also be the days of gathering for worship: every Sabbath, every New Moon, and every Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot/booths). The Minister will be Jesus, Himself. We will be taught by the King of kings, something like Solomon did but on a much grandeur scale. We will see and hear the Master in person.

The Bible tells us that:

Isa 64:4 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

If this is true (and we believe it is), then the things I mentioned above are nothing compared to what God has reserved for us. Still think it will be boring?

I don't know what will happen either, but I have a hard time believing that we are on this Earth and go through all of the things we go through in life just to fall into a deep sleep once it's over. Scientists have actually found proof of the human soul/spirit. There is a certain mass that cannot be accounted for in the human weight. Some scientist attribute this to the soul/spirit. Think about it, can you even imagine what it was like before birth? Or does something inside you tell you that you have always been here? Not in body but your mind. And isn't it weird how sometimes you just know things, even though you haven't lived or experienced them? I think all of this proves that there is something else out there after you die, although we don't know what it is.

• JAM

I personally belive we are finished, and done. No deep sleep or after life. I dont see the point of living one life and dieing and go on to the next. If there was an afterlife, than doesnt that make our lives right now meaningless? I think we die so we can appreciate what is around us and to understand the value of life. Sure, heaven is a nice thought, but I believe that it is just a story made up hundreds of years ago to help children facing the loss of a love one cope with a death. We all have different opions about what happens, and that is all it should be, an opinion.

Nobody can know. I personally think the first possibility (eternal sleep) is more likely because :

-i have never believed in God because of all the bad things that happen in the world

-if all you have to do to go to Heaven is to say I believe in Jesus it isn't much of a reason. Shouldn't it be about whether we've done worthy things, helped others, led a good life,...

-how do you know what religion to believe in ? there are so many

I'd like to believe in something but it seems to me it's all made up by people to reassure themselves. After all, it's scary to think you will never wake up again.

From Scripture directly. It really is the only way to answer this question.

Eccl. 9:5: “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.”

Ps. 146:4: “His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts [“thoughts,” KJ, 145:4 in Dy; “all his thinking,” NE; “plans,” RS, NAB] do perish.”

John 11:11-14: “‘Lazarus our friend has gone to rest, but I am journeying there to awaken him from sleep.’ . . . Jesus said to them outspokenly: ‘Lazarus has died.’” (Also Psalm 13:3)

1 Corr. 13 Moreover, brothers, we do not want YOU to be ignorant concerning those who are sleeping [in death]; that YOU may not sorrow just as the rest also do who have no hope.

Not an eternal sleep, but one that will last until the resurrection.

we all have souls

we will never die

we are alive for ever

but there is a little problem

and that is we move from one world to another.and we will stay in that another.

we will stay there till the judgment day(ghiamat)

no if we are a good person in life and do as god has told us to we will go to what is known as heven but that heaven isnt the real heaven .the real heaven is...

when we were judged by god in the gudgment day

quran has said:

sura:alzomar

[68] The Trumpet will (just) be sounded, when all that are in the heavens and on earth will swoon, except such as it will please Allah (to exempt). Then will a second one be sounded, when, behold, they will be standing and looking on!

[69] And the Earth will shine with the glory of its Lord: the Record (of Deeds) will be placed (open); the prophets and the witnesses will be brought forward; and a just decision pronounced between them; and they will not be wronged (in the least).

[70] And to every soul will be paid in full (the fruit) of its deeds; and (Allah) knoweth best all that they do.

• Rain

Oh wow, religion... So here's what I've been told, Apparently our minds, since they are just electrical signals in our brains, go dark. It then, since our brain is dead, doesn't float up to a holy cloud or burn in a fiery hole, it begins to dream and since most people are religious what they choose to dream is reminiscent of 'heaven' or 'hell' but its no different than a nightmare or a pleasant dream. Your subconscious takes over and you just end up dreaming(some would call it hallucinating) for, well, forever. There. :) an atheist's perspective.

I believe in anther dimension that some call Heaven. Since Einstein proved that energy cannot be created or destroyed, the energy that gives us life must go somewhere. I had a vision of that place once and it was beautiful beyond description, but nothing like the popular idea of pearly gates and gold streets. If you like to read, I reccomend any of Scott Peck's books. Life and death are both natural states and a part of the rythmn of the universe. I am a Christain, but do not believe in the idea that you must "do" anything to get anywhere. I believe in the Creator of the Universe and trust that Creator with my life; and death. peace

Source(s): former United Methodist minister
  • carole

I think death is a transition from one state of being to another (i feel like I got a message saying so from my grandmother just after she passed away). I think that when we die we go home - we return from wence we came. I think we shift to our natural, spirit existence and we get to rest and see all of our friends on the other side - review what we learned in our lesson and then we run around to the back of the line to come back here. I think this is probably the best ride in the park.

I also think that if we die and are too consumed with negativity, we can be blinded to the way home and we stay here in spirit in our own personal hell, until someone shows us the way home. I have a friend who has taken that on as a job, if you can believe it. Spiritual house clearer - she's shown several folks the way home she says.

That's what I think and I find it gives me peace of mind.

Peace!