Dell PC stuck on DELL logo?

I recently bought a desktop from dell, INSPIRON 530. It used to work perfectly, but the last 2 days, it gets stuck on the dell logot at every booting process. I need help!! Is anything wrong with my PC? What can I do?Please help!!

souns like a hardware problem, on the front of dell pcs are 4 leds thats say 1 2 3 and 4, these are called diagnostic lights,

Light Patterns and meaning

just 3

processor malfunction/failure

3 and 4

memory (RAM) is detected but has malfunctioned

2 and 4

a possible graphics card error

2 and 3

floppy or hard drive failure

2, 3 and 4

usb malfunction

just 1

no memory (RAM) is detected

from this you can add details of the numbers shown and i'll edit my answer with a solution if at all possible or after finding out what lights call dell, which ever your more comfortable doing

Hi - if you recently bought it, it should still be under guarantee. I'd go to Dell's website support and use the "live chat" option. This gives you access to a support technician in real time. Tell them the problem and they'll talk you through diagnosis and solution. If it means you have to disconnect from the live session, they'll send you the instructions by email so print them off first before following them.

Another option is to visit Dell's own forums, where you'll find other dell users discussing and resolving all sorts of problems. You can always search for the answer or post your question in there as they are all dell users.

I'm assuming you still have access to the internet though, even if on another PC, as you've been able to post this question. When talking to dell, make it clear to them whether or not you're talking to them on a different pc OR the one you're actually querying.

Generally, Dells get stuck at the boot logo when it is trying to find hardware. Usually it means you ahve a hard disk problem, or a USB storage device plugged in and it doesn't know how to use it at boot up. Unplug anything USB that's plugged in and see if it will start. Otherwise, it is most likely the hard disk acting up.

It's not an operating system problem as others have suggested, until it makes it past the Dell logo, it hasn't tried to do anything with the operating system yet.

bbowers

http://beecherbowers.com

• Susan

There is no best way ! There's only one way ! And it's the same for all PC's. You remove the left side of the computer case. Find the memory card(s) on the mother board. Push down on the white clips that hold the card in, and pull it out. Actually your question does'nt make any sense. The more memory a computer has, the faster it will perform. Since you don't know how to do such a simple task, I'd ask someone for help. You can destroy your computer or parts of if you do it wrong.

You can download ccleaner for free here: http://bit.ly/1Bk5V5C

First open CCleaner

Go to the Cleaner tab and you will be confronted by a very confusing lineup of checkboxes.

To make this brief, below is my recommended setup:

Under internet explorer check temporary internet files, cookies, and last download location. Most users don't really need this stuff. keep history and bookmarks unchecked, history is a maybe, but you don't want to lose bookmarked sites. You can normally leave Windows Explorer, System, and Advanced alone.

Run CCleaner and it will start deleting files.

afterward it will present you with a list of the files deleted, you really don't need to go through it as it will be several pages long.

The registry cleaner is recommended for slightly more advanced users. Use it after uninstalling programs as they will often leave behind incorrect registry entries.

If you decide to run Registry cleaner then review the items detected and always back up the registry (I keep a folder aside for this)

The Tools tab lets you uninstall programs and set startup programs. Why do you need this if Windows has all of these features? Especially with Vista Home Ed. The windows defender software explorer( startup programs) doesn't pick up some entries (however software explorer is easier to use).

Using CCleaner to uninstall programs and then check for leftover registry entries takes less time.

Under Options you can determine how CCleaner cleans your files. I leave this alone.

Had the common problem of the 'puter stopping on the Dell logo with no response from the F2 or F12 keys. BBowers tagged my solution, I unplugged everything. I then plugged in only the monitor and the computer itself and it booted right up. "high five" to BBowers ... thanks!

Shut down the computer by holding the power button down for few seconds.. when it goes off, unplug the power cord from the back of the computer (tower).

When you have the cable out, push and hold the power button on the tower for 10 seconds (make sure you count that when holding the button down).

Plug the power cord back and try to restart it.

Should work.. Let me know what happens after you try dat

Hi

Had a similar prob on a Packard Bell. Try pressing the F11 key when you switch on.

Might have to up and down the key when you start buts worth a go.

Cheers

Source(s): From the Packard Bell Handbook

if you are running vista then insert the installation DVD then when the computer starts keep pressing f12 then select boot from onboard or usb cd rom drive and it should load the files then select your country and language then it should automaticly detect your computer was unable to start and fix or restore it to how it was