wHAT IS BAD ABOUT CAPS LOCK?

No smart a** answers. Im really trying to figure this out.

It's in hip hop because this is basically the only place that i post anything

Update:

so it's not possible for people to get over the caps lock thing?

it makes your answer stand out.

Update 2:

SHUT UP tbaby

i wish you would post a question so i could f**k your blog up

Update 3:

okay i get the point... I'll try to stop the caps lock ish.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

When I studied Design at University, I was told that lower case letters help with legibility when a viewer is reading the text. AS YOU CAN SEE WHEN YOU TYPE WHOLE BLOCKS OF TEXT like that it is harder on the eye to follow as all letters sit at the same height and the brain doesn't recognize as fluently and easily the letters it has been taught.

Small patches of text are alright in CAPS but whole blocks do seem a little forceful or angry.

Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Some people feel that writing something in caps lock is the written equivalent to yelling at someone.

• 1 decade ago

Online it's considered to be rude because it's like shouting. It's ok to capitalize certain words for emphasis, but if you use all caps all the time it's like constantly yelling every word.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

WTF?!?!?

How does it make your answers stand out? It's not as if writing in Caps is gonna propel your answer to the top, or as if Caps is gonna get you a bunch of thumbs up, or as if Caps is gonna make your answer seem more intelligent/thought-provoking/intuitive/thoughtful.

On the contrary...Caps is for annoying kids under 10, whose responses become much more incoherent and retarded when written in Caps.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

it gives off that your either yelling at someone or really happy. i only really use caps if i'm trying to make a point to someone

• 1 decade ago

It's basic netiquette. Typing in all caps tends to make it look like you're shouting. Do people like it when you shout in real life?

• word
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It gives the impression that the writer is angry and taking it out on the audience by yelling.

• Cass
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It implies you are mad and yelling unless you say something like "IM SO HAPPY!" (which still implies yelling or great feeling)

also it's just illiterate, you won't know when something is of importance/capital letters.

and for some it's just annoying. xD

• Alex.
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Because it's really annoying, especially when you write a big paragraph, everything looks all jumbled up, no one wants to read that crap. Plus like the above person, it appears like your yelling.

FOR EXAMPLE IF I WERE TO WRITE A LONG PARAGRAPH ABOUT HOW TUPAC WAS AMAZING: OH MY GOD TUPAC IS AMAZING, TUPAC YOU ARE GOD, TUPAC I KNOW YOU'RE ALIVE, TUPAC TUPAC TUPAC TUPAC. OR LIL WAYNE, OMG LIL WAYNE YOUR BODY IS FABULOUS, OMG LIL WAYNE IS THE GREATEST RAPPER ALL TIME, HE IS A CLASSIC.

It gets annoying.

• 1 decade ago

its typing manners....i think it's supposed to be seen as rude if a person types in all caps...but me..personally i don't mind it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.