Removing a computer virus causing pop up ads and fake warnings- NEED HELP!!?

On Sat. I was on myspace, computer froze up and had 10 pop up ads appear. Ever since then have had fake security warnings pop telling me that I need to download some other program to make sure my computer is safe. I WILL NOT do this b/c I know it is a hoax. Plus I have Webroot Spyware and Anti virus already. I... show more On Sat. I was on myspace, computer froze up and had 10 pop up ads appear. Ever since then have had fake security warnings pop telling me that I need to download some other program to make sure my computer is safe. I WILL NOT do this b/c I know it is a hoax. Plus I have Webroot Spyware and Anti virus already. I called them, said it was virtumonde(?) but my scans do not tell me anything about this...just other types of adware. It also totally changed my background of my computer to blue (another ad for that fake spyware) and won't let me alt+ctrl+del- says system admin won't allow it. I am running Windoows XP,purchased computer in 2005, good with computers but not this! HELP!! Thanks sooo much!
Update: Does this sound like virtumonde? Everything I read about it online said that I would see the words "VIRTUMONDE" when I scan my computer??

Also, I sent a "log" to webroot for their techs to investigate. What is a log? How do they know what I have by viewing that? Is that safe to share?
Update 2: One more thing...can this transfer to my dig camera if I connect it to my computer? What about any other mp3 files or pictures I have saved? If I have to reformat then can I save my pics to a disk first? I have an Ipod so my songs are safe right b/c they are on it too?