Why do Christians believe Jesus fulfilled all the prophecies for being the Messiah?

What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? The Bible says that he will: A. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28). B. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6). C. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall... show more What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? The Bible says that he will:

A. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).

B. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).

C. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)

D. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world -- on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).

The historical fact is that Jesus fulfilled none of these messianic prophecies.
Update: I appreciate the answers but what I am getting is that either a God gave people a set of guidelines the Messiah would fulfill but then neglected to have him do it or the whole Jewish faith is mistranslating the scriptures. Hmm. I took a comparative religions class and I initially thought Hinduism seemed... show more I appreciate the answers but what I am getting is that either a God gave people a set of guidelines the Messiah would fulfill but then neglected to have him do it or the whole Jewish faith is mistranslating the scriptures. Hmm. I took a comparative religions class and I initially thought Hinduism seemed unreasonable with its icons of elephant and multi-armed Gods. The deeper I look at Christianity though the more it looks like a contrived house of cards to me, very open to subjective interpretations of vague holy texts and wishful thinking. I respect your right to your own conclusions, they just baffle me. Cheers.