Egyptian men, would you marry more than one woman?

What do Egyptian men think of polygamy. Would you marry more than one wife and if so why? What do Egyptian women think about this? Is this common/accepcted in Egypt? I'm just curious as to what part polygamy plays in Egyptian society.

Polygamy in Islam is allowed under very specific conditions. For instance, if the wife has a fatal illness and is bed ridden and the husband loves her very much and cannot divorce her but at the same time wants to have his 'marriage' rights that she cant provide for him, only then is he allowed to have a second wife under his first wife's concent. That is if the first wife doesnt agree, he cannot marry another woman. If the first wife agrees, the husband must be fair and square to both wives. He must give them an equal amount of time money attention and everything else. If he cannot do that then he cannot have a second wife. So its like God is saying okay you can have yourself up to 4 wives only if so and so and so, and those conditions are nearly impossible to maintain.

I wouldnt accept it if my husband wants to have a second wife, if he wants it he can kiss my butt goodbye. If my husband comes and tells me he wants to remarry I'll just file for a divorce and let him enjoy his second marriage without having to worry about a 'first' wife. I would let myself enjoy my other options and what life has for me away from him.

I understand that you are asking about the different attitude of Egyptian men when married to a foreign woman than when married to an Egyptian and not about WHY they marry foreign women, so here's my answer: I have noticed the same thing too and I'm not talking about expressing their affection in public, I am talking about a different attitude even at home. When Egyptian men are married to a foreign woman they usually, willingly and happily, help at home, wash dishes, are understanding, caring and loving, help with the kids etc etc and I have seen it on several occasions , whether the couple live inside or outside Egypt. Yet there is sort of a different pattern to their attitude when they are married to an Egyptian woman. The man expects to have a clean house, a nicely cooked meal on time, a perfect mom and a beautiful wife in return for providing the monthly income even if the wife works too (it's the wife's chores as they say). Egyptian men in this case may offer help, but only to their convenience and not because they feel it's part of their responsibilities. I can only offer theories as to why this could be. Maybe foreign women are not as submissive as Egyptians due to cultural reasons, while the Egyptian women were raised in a culture that was ready for women to work but not ready for men to share house duties, so they basically do not object when they see this attitude and if they do, men don't take it seriously because they know their backgrounds only too well. The second theory is simply because men who consider marrying a foreign woman simply are different in character. They may be a bit more open minded and they do expect cultural differences and understand that they have to try to close the cultural gaps and different points of view with their wives!

No I Would Not Dare To Even Think About The Wrath Of My Wife! Oh No!She Would Scream To Me "naaaam ya roh Omak!!!" Which Would Translate To Something Like "What How Dare You Say That" But With More Anger And Fury!

It's Not Common Not At All I've Never Met Anyone Who Did!

• samy n

in egypt it is rarelyto findany one have more than wife,,it is not our habbits like other arab nations,..but you can see some small cases especially in village where life is more simple,,,,but egyptian in general has only one wife,,, in some other cases he can has additioinal wife with agreement with his first wifewhen she is so ill cant help him,or when she is un able to have babiesfor som illnes .....thir is small no of peoples who are so rich by any way he take more than one wife not to have family but to have more sex relation by right way as he think

me,myself... if my husband got another wife... well i wouldnt except that even if he could handle more then one wife... im not the type that would share my husband.. i like to have that person all to my self.. there would be more relationship for just one husband an one wife... but if theres more then one in a relaionship.. its not gonna be such a smoothe life.. because sometimes it can be hard handling so many people at once

If I was married and my husband even entertained the possibility of marrying another woman then I would divorce him, no discussions, no nothing.

The only marriage I would ever have is a monogamous one.

no way to marry again, Egyptian man marry one woman ,and keep trying to dispose her the rest of his life,not to bring another one :)

I'm English, so i asked my husband if he had any intention of having another wife before i agreed to marry him. Lucky he said 'No', i'd never have married him if he'd said yes.

I have had problems with his family over it, as due to past health problems i was unable to have children & the family wanted him to marry another wife (Egyptian) to have children with. Oh it was so awful, my poor man was torn apart with wanting to please his family (Mum), & not wanting to loose me. Thankfully he chose his love over the emotional blackmail.

Wouldnt it be hell 2 women moaning all day at you why would any man want 2 one is enough

yes

i would marry my wife again.....

No dear for a man to remarry again he has to have a reason not just that he collects wifes for his pleasuer