Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

Which classic rock bands/singers deserve more recognition than they get?

*In momentary lapse of amnesia, forgets the Velvet Underground* Underground who? Vulva what?

Tormus & Silver Rose, I couldn't agree with your lists more. And T Rex, of course!

Boston!!!

they were fairly big in their time, but I think they deserved to be much bigger than they were, I thought they had the full musical package. Delp was a great vocalist and they had great musicians in the group.

R.I.P Bradd Delp

The Rascals (previously known as the Young Rascals) had some really good stuff that was overlooked: Been Lonley Too Long A Beautiful Morning Groovin' People Got To Be Free Good Lovin' to name a few.

The Animals, the Velvet Underground, Karen Dalton.

Mike Oldfield

Lindsey Buckingham

Dire Straits / Mark Knopfler

Sandy Denny

Robert Plamer

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac

Never forget the Velvet Underground.

• Cazman

In my opinion, one of the most underrated individuals is Paul Rodgers who was the lead singer for the bands Free, Bad Company, & The Firm. Now I think he's with Queen.

The most underrated band of all time has got to be The Guess Who. They had a ton of great songs and yet they never seem to get brought up when people discuss great bands.

Queen.

Yes, most people know them,

but come one,

how many people under the age of 20 can name more than:

Bo Rhap, Another One Bites the Dust, We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions?

It's sad. Of all musical legends, they are sadly unknown, if you understand what I'm talking about.

But other than them as a group,

BRIAN MAY.

Most people who are qualified to make such a list, always put Brian May on their lists of greatest guitarists. But most people haven't even heard of him.

He's amazing.

And he sings. And has a beautiful voice.

PLUS he founded Queen. Which, by the way, has spent the most time on Album Record charts (27+ years!) of all musical albums. Ever.

-----EDIT-------

Oh my god, Frenzy, I can't believe I forgot....

URIAH HEEP.

They're amazing.

I think the Kinks. They had some great songs and had them from the 60s to the 80s. It just may be me, but I don't think they always get the credit they deserve. Also, I think The Animals don't get the recognition the deserve. They too had some great songs. (I'm partial to the British bands it seems)

Molly Hatchet

Stealy Dan

Outlaws

Saxon

Status Quo

CERTAINLY Dream Evil.

They're the lost 80's hard rock/heavy metal in 21st century, they make music that other bands just can't make anymore, they're fresh and original yet tipically 80s. I love them, they rule, their music is fantastic - yet they seem to get nowhere.