What if Your Father Passed away and your Step-mother waited a month to tell you?

I had fell out of a relationship with my Dad, who was an alcholic. We had not talked in two years after an episode where I felt he disrespected my husband. He had called and asked one evening why I had not called in a few weeks. My husband explained that my Mother and I were at Swedish Medical Center in Seattle... show more I had fell out of a relationship with my Dad, who was an alcholic. We had not talked in two years after an episode where I felt he disrespected my husband. He had called and asked one evening why I had not called in a few weeks. My husband explained that my Mother and I were at Swedish Medical Center in Seattle because she was diagnosised with cancer. Also a week after my Moms dianosis my husbands Father was diagnosised with Terminal Leakimia. Beteen running around to Dr. and hospitals we had not a chance to catch our breathe. To which my drunken father started swearing in the phone at him.
He was a heavy smoker and drank around my children, my daughter never has liked my Father saying he smelled.
My step-mom called me on a favorite holiday early in the morning to tell me my father had passed away. I asked her when and it was on my birthday which was over a month and a half before.
I finally believe it now 3 months later with a death certificate in hand.
Update: Emator- I am not guilty of anything but not talking to the man. I just can't see the reasoning behind waiting.
Update 2: She said the reason she didn't call me was she didn't think I would care. He also died of 1st cause- Lung Cancer, 2nd cause- a nose bleed. So they both new for she sai 5 months he was dying. They also never contacted my sister, his sister, or his Great Aunt, whom all cared about him. I was the first person... show more She said the reason she didn't call me was she didn't think I would care. He also died of 1st cause- Lung Cancer, 2nd cause- a nose bleed. So they both new for she sai 5 months he was dying. They also never contacted my sister, his sister, or his Great Aunt, whom all cared about him. I was the first person she called on his side of the family.