In 2005 Obama bought his home for 1.65 million with Tony Rezko's wife buying the lot next door.?

In June 2005 Obama bought his home for 1.65 million the seller only wanted to sell the home with the adjoining lot next door. Obama did not have the money to buy the extra lot so his friend Tony Rezko whom toured the home with Obama had his wife to purchase this lot for 625,000 to allow the purchase to be made. This is at the same time that creditors were pursuing Rezko for 10 million. Obama admits that Rezko's unlawful action had surfaced at the time. But, will not disclose any other facts. Does anyone else find this shady??

Here is the source: http://cbs2.com/politics/rezko.obama.primer.2.6737...

ToughGuy- the name does not fit you-is this the best you have?-I have explained the facts and my question is whether anyone else finds this shady?? Hence, the last line and ? which indicates a question- do not state policy guidelines to me..with your 486 answered questions. I have been on here far longer. Answer the question, I hate freeloaders for 2 pts.

Wow, readers looks like I have a new stalker fan sx24's has sent me a NASTY email about this question. But, was not man enough to even respond and leave an answer. Check out his profile and of course it is private. Makes you wonder why all the abusers of this site make their own info secret but harass those that expose the truth to the public. Beware of him, heads up!

• canam

At the time this deal took place, Rezko, it is suspected got the money from an Iraqi billionaire who was living in the UIK at the time. This billionaire was suspected of laundering money for Saddam. The whole think stinks of something dirty. Even more disturbing is the fact that Obama has been friend with Rezko for over 15 years. I dont know about you, but if I was friends with criminals, i think you could assume I too might be a criminal.

The question should be where did Obama get the money to purchase his home in the first place. The man runs on a platform of being an individual with sound judgment but time and time again the individuals he has been associated with have been very unsavory individuals. A former Iraqi citizen who is said to be the most corrupt individual in Europe since WWII. Tony Rezko on more than one occasion and an individual tied to a radical group from the past, are not the type of individuals one aspiring to be President should be associating with and now his Pastor of twenty years! Sound judgment, where and when because I have yet to see it and doubt very much that we ever will and for him to even try to denounce is ridiculous because the message in those sermons echoed his wife's comments.

obama has the right to buy a home regardless of the fact that is 1 million or 10 million dollars. If rezko's wife or steve's wife or bill's wife lives next lot door, so what?

obama has NOTHING to do with the fact that Rezko was being pursued by creditors. that isn't obama's problem at all.

Even if Rezko helped obama buy house, still NOTHING wrong.

There is already a bloody disastrous and absolutely useless and unnecessary war going on in the name of imaginary WMD. That war costs trillions.

Obama's house for $1.65 M compared to that, is a negligible issue. its his own personal life.

• JeanE

Yes, this is questionable. If it had happened early in his political career or in his association with Rezko it might be dismissed as a naive mistake. In this case, he had served in the Illinois Senate and been elected to the US Senate when this deal was made. Also, he had known Rezko for years and known about some of his questionable business practices for some time.

At the very least, this is "politics as usual" instead of the "change" that Obama keeps talking about. At worst, Rezko got the money for the deal from a guy with ties to Saddam Hussein, in exchange for??? Would you rather find out in April or October?

Yes, I find this shady, and more than that I find it scary! Helping a friend is one thing, but to the tune of $625,000.?

I am thinking in return for such a favor, what do you get? What did Rezko get or what will he get.

Everyone in Chicago knows Rezko was Obama's bagman. Have you read what all Baracka Obama did for him? What is sad is the media has been actively hiding the truth about Baracka and heaping false praise on him. Another pillow Mr. Obama?

I do find this shady, there is just so much Unknown about Obama its scary to think that he could be our next president, I hope he is not . GO Hilary!!!!!!!!!!!

Birds of a feather flock together .. yep shadyyyyy

This is old news. If you had money and a friend with money you would have done the same thing. Ketchup, mustard!

And?? . . . . You can't stop people from buying property.

Why don't we talk about Whitewater. :-) Now there is some Major scandelous behavior.