Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

I need some help to tell my parents im depressed/suicidal?

I need some help to tell my parents im depressed/suicidal. Ok, I am 14 years old in 8th grade, and i am a guy. I have a problem cutting myself, i have tried to commit suicide 4 times in the last few month, and I draw people committing suicide, dying, gravestones, and stuff about death all the time. I dont really have any friends, i'm basically my school's outcast. Every now and then someone will talk to me, but just for a second. If I have a project, I do it by myself, and etc. A bad part about it is, that i've told my parents this before and they put me in therapy for like 2 months and thought it was just a phase and took me out. I want to tell them again, but I think they'll think im a freak, it's just a phase again or something like that, but i'm not, i really want help. But I guess it's the fear of rejection towards the topic that I'm afraid about. If you have any answers or help, please answer.

• mcq316

You've been through all that and your parents think it's just a phase? I hate to say it, but I don't think they are gonna listen. Try telling a guidance counselor at school. Explain that your parents don't seem to offer much help or support, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Okay. Everything I said got deleted, so I'll try to interpret by memory. If I could, I would reccomend songs that a male8thgrader14yearsold told me to add on my list of over a hundred songs. I wouldn't know how tha twould actually help you though.

You're honest, and at least you're sensible enough to say you fear rejection, and school's outcasts I would respect. You probably DO have a friend, but again you said you didn't. People talking to you, but only for a second. That's probably an understatement, but maybe a chance of that being true as well. Your parents care about you, and the worse thing they fear is you being in the doom of gloom. Their own son, that's just depressing and sad to their own part, feeling that they've failed. What you really need though is support, and to get out of the "phase"

But I say though it's not "just a phase you'll be okay you're fine" type thing. Maybe it is, or you feel like you need to tell your feelings to a therapist. If you're scared to confront your parents because of the insanity, then talk to you school counselor. And you're on the internet asking this question. Maybe you should consider checking on yahoo search for articles about depression and such. School cliques are ghetto these days, where they don't give a care for others who are left out, and I hope i'm not one of those people who reject. In my opinion, I think school outcasts are probably the nicest, honest, unique and have great hospitality compared to my beserk personality. I don't know what else there is in life that's making you sad or down the drain other than being alone or mental.

You're mental, but so are other people who probably have it worse. And agian.. don't be suicidal. It's the pernament quit of life that can not be undone unless miracles did exist. There's better things in life to look forward to, and letting sadness or dying related items taking over you is weakness. Everyone is strong, and you should be too! You're a guy, and not to be genderist, but you must be mature and serious to be suicidal in the first place.

Some girls have crappy reasons, and I was probably one of them at the time. .. gah. I need to stop mentioning myself. You're looking for help, and that means you're not THAT suicidal. You're not that secrative in the dark shades of suicide. And going back to how you draw death related items, it shows that your'e artistic of how you feel. That's how you express yourself if it wasn't that therapist or therapy for two months. Maybe you're insecure and need someone to talk to more often.. like I said.

I would add more, but I don't know what else to say. It's not entirely your fault that you're jwle;rwkejjw;eklj rejected from friends or working during projects.. and yah. Point - if you are to consult your parents, they'll freak out yes ! But they love you. That's the most important thing, and as long as you acknowledge their love for you, you can't still stay sad like that, right? =( Err, I would add more than this but I wasn't originally in the mood to think about suicide, but it's cruel and just plain darkness in general. I hope you do get help whether it's from your parents, a new friend, school conselor, and that you'll have a better future than the current sucky present we're having at the moment. Good luck and latuhz.

Source(s): Health Class, Experience, the Iife of making my best friend unsuicidal and confident enough to ignore shoot that her family blahs about

Tell them you need to go to the doctor that you don't feek good and if they ask what is wrong say its a personal/private issue. Your doctor can prescribe antidepressants and recommend you go to therapy so then your parents will bring you back. If your doctor knows you are depressed they will make sure you get help until you know you feel better! Don't lose hope I went through some hard times as well... cutting sucks don't do it! I stopped cutting because I realized I would have the scars later on and life and I didn't want to see them and remember that. Please stop and good luck! :-) have faith!

Source(s): Personal experiences

It would really depend on what kind of parents u have. do they know about the attempts? my mom's worthless. always has been.i don't even bother telling her stuff anymore.

But just try sitting down with them and explain everything to them. Can you pinpoint any exact reasons why ur so depressed? If you want help, that's great. Have you tried talking to ur school counsular? Or maybe a teaher or someone else u like/trust? i had an issue with that, i din't and still don't want help. and i'm strongly against drugging it away, but i think it's wonderful that u want help. talking with someone will help u if u want it to(or so that's what i always get told)

so yeah, if u can, just sit down with them. don't worry about rejection. there's other ppl who can help u too!

I don't know how you feel about God, but when our parents here on Earth can't seem to listen to us or understand, your heavenly father most assuredly does. Give your parents another chance. Might I suggest you start your talk out with your concerns that they may not understand and tell them this isn't a phase, that you are scaring yourself and would like help. You'll be in my prayers.

Source(s): RN

Just tell them! They should be disturbed that you are sucidal and are depressed! You need all the help you can get! Find the right doctor/s and the right medication/s which can take time but you will get better! I have suffered through depression for years and at least as bad as you are talking about, the right meds have helped me pull out of it with some minor relapses, but that is probably not much different than what most people have at times. Depression is said to be a chemical imbalance and the right med can make a big difference. If the doctor prescribes you something and it isn't working out by six or seven weeks something needs to be changed! Maybe the dosage or an addition medication or a completely different principle prescription! You need to bring your parents into this, they would be devistated if you were to succeed in sucide! I was when my father did this, I will never get over it! I would be glad to talk to you if you want to email or email me your phone number and when to call and I will call you! I must mention that your situation can also be helped from the good Lord! Depending on him is what he desires and he can make real changes in your life! Thaere are people who call religion a hoax and a crutch. Well its not a hoax I'm certain of that and if they want to call it a crutch, what ever! Christianity is a relationship with God on Gods terms and when we begin to line up with his will, our life changes for the better! People can see it in your eyes and it doent matter if they can't see it, because you know the Lord see's it! Christ is the mediator between God and sinful man and when we realize this, and when we except this by addressing God the Father with our trust in Gods plan for our sin (past, present and furture sins) he immediately transforms our life! We go from Spiritually dead to being Spiritually alive for the first time and for now on! You have heard it called being born again. You now have a realationship with God for time and eternity! You have his life, eternal life! You have Christ heirship, you are in his family, Royal Family of God! Once in a family you can not do anything to get out of that family and the family can not do anything to remove you from the family! You become a part of the body of Christ, where as Christ is the head, he can not say at any point that he does not need a part of the body! There are over 7,000 promises that is Gods inspired word for us to live by and the better we adhere to learning and applying his promises, the more peace and happyness we receive! I will add some promises that are great to memorize buy not just to memorize but to claim! He wants you to trust in him and he will bless you!

HANDY LITTLE CHART - God has a positive answer:

BIBLE VERSES

You say: "It's impossible" God says: All things are possible (Luke 18:27)

You say: "I'm too tired" God says: I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30)

You say: "Nobody really loves me" God says: I love you (John 3:16 & John 3:34 )

You say: "I can't go on" God says: My grace is sufficient (II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)

You say: "I can't figure things out" God says: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5-6)

You say: "I can't do it" God says: You can do all things (Philippians 4:13)

You say: "I'm not able" God says: I am able (II Corinthians 9:8)

You say: "It's not worth it" God says: It will be worth it (Roman 8:28 )

You say: "I can't forgive myself" God says: I Forgive you (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)

You say: "I can't manage" God says: I will supply all your needs (Philippians 4:19)

You say: "I'm afraid" God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear (II Timothy 1:7)

You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated" God says: Cast all your cares on ME (I Peter 5:7)

You say: "I'm not smart enough" God says: I give you wisdom (I Corinthians 1:30)

You say: "I feel all alone" God says: I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)

Feel free to email

• Livi

Just tell them and get it over with. I can see that you want help, but you can't get it on your own. Therapy could really help you if you held out for a little longer.

you need to tell your parents again, i know it will be hard but you have to. if the fail to realize how serious this is you will need to seek help yourself. your school should have a counselor of someone you can talk to, if not they will assist you in finding help. dont wait any longer. good luck

• just tell them...im an 8th grade girl who cuts nd constantly thinks of suicide...my parents found out coz they hacked into my email nd found a pic of cuts on my wrists but my mom yelled at me for doin it ''for attention'' so i let her believe it but then one of only three of my friends who kno i cut told my guidance councilor nd he told my parents again...still wont send me to therapy coz now they REALLY think its for attention coz they think i wanted my councilor nd all my friends to know...look...long story short: tell ur parents how ur feeling nd it will turn out better than if they find out the hard way...nd dont worry, everything will work out for u

Source(s): email me through my yahoo email if u want to talk..i like to help ppl wenever i can

They won't think you are a freak, trust me there are many parents our that that are wishing their kids had told them how they were feeling. Just tell them what you told us here.