Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

I need some help to tell my parents im depressed/suicidal.?

I need some help to tell my parents im depressed/suicidal. Ok, I am 14 years old in 8th grade, and i am a guy. I have a problem cutting myself, i have tried to commit suicide 4 times in the last few month, and I draw people committing suicide, dying, gravestones, and stuff about death all the time. I dont really have any friends, i'm basically my school's outcast. Every now and then someone will talk to me, but just for a second. If I have a project, I do it by myself, and etc. A bad part about it is, that i've told my parents this before and they put me in therapy for like 2 months and thought it was just a phase and took me out. I want to tell them again, but I think they'll think im a freak, it's just a phase again or something like that, but i'm not, i really want help. But I guess it's the fear of rejection towards the topic that I'm afraid about. If you have any answers or help, please answer.

Favorite Answer

Your parents love you and they will help you however they can. This is a serious problem and you do need to ask them for help. The fact that you are reaching out for help is a step in the right direction.

Hang in there and ask for help before you try anything.

Hi. I was crusing the net. came across this site and caught your message.

My friend. I will tell you. Please hang with it. Life is tough, cruel and so are people. I have been crapped on bullied came from a poor family. Struggled as a kid. Depression, suicide, alcohol, drugs been there done it. That was 31 years ago., been married for 20, have a good job. Many times I think back to when I thought about suicide, the pain, the bullying the name calling etc. etc. It is not a phase. Your parents are wrong. You do not need a doctor with a degree in psycology they got from reading books to play mind games with you. This is a test! One of many that come our way in life. It means more then any test in history, math or english. It means more then any project you may have to complete to get a grade on. Some of us get tested early in life, some later. And some many times over This test is about you at your lowest state of feeling, which will come and go like a roller coaster with highs and lows. It may not be tomorrow, it may not be next week. But you will meet that friend, you will meet that girl, you will get that job, you will get that car, you will get that house. You will live my friend and you will pass the test.!!!

• ScSpec

Your parents care very much what happens to you. They won't think you are a freak, they will realize that you are really troubled and need more help in dealing with it.

They would much rather find out how you really feel and help you get better than have you continue being so depressed or trying to commit suicide. You might also get help from a school nurse or counselor, go to them and ask for help to tell your parents.

I am a mother myself and there is nothing my son could do to make me stop loving him or want to help him. I think you are not giving your parents enough credit. You should just sit down and let them know that you need and want help. They will not think you are a freak. They will get you the help you need. but If you really cant tell them talk to the school counselor. they can help. Parents love is unconditional no matter what you do your parents will be there for you.

• Zini

Your parents love you and probably have noticed you arent your usual self. They tried to help you before right? Im not sure whether you found this useful or not or it just made you feel more alienated but it's worth while speaking to them again. They most definitley dont want you to be unhappy and certainly dont want to lose you from their lives.

If you approached the subject before, you can do it again. They wont freak out. They may be upset and blame themselves, but it's not your fault, and it's not their fault. Depression is a disease, and it is a curable disease. You have to devote a few months to getting better and it's much much easier with people who you love, and who love you on your side.

All the best.

i have tried to commit suicide wen i was in 6th grade but im still very vernerable i feel your pain i honestly do im still all messed up! but the best advice i can give is to tell your parents and tell the honestly its not a phase!

wen i told my mom bout my problem she said i was a disturbed little child and that i should just shut up and go back to my room(ya that helped)

i honestly hope your parents will be more understanding

I know how you feel. If you want help don't let anything stand in your way of getting it. If you can't talk to your parents try talking to your concealer at school. Or a teacher. Then they will tell your parents and you wont have to. No worries either no one at your school will ever find out. Stay strong my friend. ^-^

You have a couple options,

1 just sit them down and tell them

2 talk to a councler at school first

3 write your parents a letter and give it to them, you can be right next to them when they read it, in another room or miles away (that is what i did)

Source(s): Being clinically depressed since i was 3, seriously.

Tell them again and if you can't get them to hear you, you need to talk to your school counselor. Or you can call your local mental health office and talk to them, but you need to tell someone that will help you tell your parents.

You tell them again until they listen I wish parents would listen more. Contact your last counselor were you were if necessary or tell another member of your family I would sit there and tell them until they get the idea