Need Postage price help !!?

Hi .. i need to send a package to nigeria from united kingdom .. it is a mobile phone in its box .. not sure of exsact weight .. wanting to send it 1st class .. and signed for at the other end .. dose any one have any price range it could be ?? need any more info post and i will add onto this thankyou x

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A moby phone in it's box shouldn't weigh more than half a kilogram, but bear in mind there will be packaging to protect the box which could take the weight up to around 0.8 or more.

Sending to Nigeria can be a bit iffy unless you personally know who you are sending your item to, many scams have been realised by users of such sites as eBay... You should make sure you get payment first...

http://sg.royalmail.com/portal/rm/PriceFinder;jses... here's a link to the Royal Mail postal charges, though depending on exactly what you want, you package could cost you from £12 to £22 ..

You could package everything up and get the item weighed at the P.O but I stress, make sure you have payment first before you actually post it.

• 1 decade ago

Darlin,

It has to be weighed...did the cell phone happen to say how much it weighed on the box??? U could go that route...add a few more pounds for the box, paper...& wing it...I stress to U..just go to the post office...It's going from the United Kingdom to Nigeria...Do U really want it to get there?? Don't take a short cut....Good luck!!!

• 1 decade ago

Be very careful about sending anything to Nigeria. That country has the biggest percentage of scams in the world, including a lot of mail forwarding and purchase scams.

One of the scams involves ordering stuff online with someone elses credit card and having it shipped to a person in another country. Then they get that person to send it to them.

If investigated, the person the merchandise was originally sent to is the one that gets into trouble.

• 1 decade ago

The phone I have just posted was roughly 600g. If you need it to be tracked all the way then you will need to use Global Priority which give insurance up to £150 and a signature at the other end. It will cost you £55.25 and this is the cheapest option for your requirments.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Just a note of caution..... Please be very careful if this mobile is an Ebay sale! In my unfortunate experience, a high number of Ebay transactions that turn out to be scams are in some way connected with Nigeria.

• 1 decade ago

Go onto Royal mail website and click on postal prices.

Weigh the box using kitchen scales and enter the weight, where your sending it to etc etc. and it will give you the exact price.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2;jsessioni...

• 1 decade ago

Check out Royal Mail web site.... http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm

• 1 decade ago

DO NOT SEND Ebay sellers are getting ripped right off , Could say more .... If its family your sending to, fine. if not do not send anything of value or sell anything. unless you pay for a trackable service, if not - its gone

Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Take it to the post office and they will tell you...............duh!!

• 1 decade ago

hope its not an ebay sale............

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.