What Tax form do I fill out? i'm 21,single,Los Angeles,Made less than 30k,full time,salary,no dependents?

Which ones do I fill out, do u know? I got the 1040EZ & the 540EZ I believe they are called. Anywho, I paid a lot of taxes! I filled out my W4: W/ no dependents, & no one claims me as a dependent, "I filed as independent" .And all year I was thinking I would get a lot in return Income tax. And I followed... show more Which ones do I fill out, do u know? I got the 1040EZ & the 540EZ I believe they are called. Anywho, I paid a lot of taxes! I filled out my W4: W/ no dependents, & no one claims me as a dependent, "I filed as independent" .And all year I was thinking I would get a lot in return Income tax. And I followed the instructions on the 1040EZ & it said I owe like a hundred bux. And thats If I put down that no one could claim me as a dependent. But if I put down that some one can claim me as an independent (i'm not using up my dependent privilege) which is the truth. It says I owe $200. Now to me it seems that something is wrong? I mean, all year, I put down no points. They took the maiximum amount of money possible for taxes from my checks. & I still owe money? Did i fill out the wrong form?