What Tax form do I fill out? i'm 21,single,Los Angeles,Made less than 30k,full time,salary,no dependents?

Which ones do I fill out, do u know? I got the 1040EZ & the 540EZ I believe they are called. Anywho, I paid a lot of taxes! I filled out my W4: W/ no dependents, & no one claims me as a dependent, "I filed as independent" .And all year I was thinking I would get a lot in return Income tax. And I followed the instructions on the 1040EZ & it said I owe like a hundred bux. And thats If I put down that no one could claim me as a dependent. But if I put down that some one can claim me as an independent (i'm not using up my dependent privilege) which is the truth. It says I owe $200. Now to me it seems that something is wrong? I mean, all year, I put down no points. They took the maiximum amount of money possible for taxes from my checks. & I still owe money? Did i fill out the wrong form?

Favorite Answer

No, the w-4 single with no dependents comes closest to taking out the taxes for the year if you want to be sure next year do another w-4 & have them take out 10 or $25 out every pay check to cover your taxes & may get a buck or two back.

Life is a learning experience

• Judy

If you had single/zero allowances on your W-4 all year, it does sound like something is wrong, you shouldn't owe and should get some kind of refund from the feds, since they should have taken out too much unless you had other income you didn't mention. If you just had income from one job at a time, you should be OK.

If your income was around $30K for the year, your federal income tax would be around $2800 for the year - if you paid in more than that, then you should get the extra refunded to you, but if you paid in less, then you'd owe the rest.

• nez

Thank the Lord I by no ability had a daughter. My boys can take care of their very own issues.. I ain't gettin' in touch. I even have whether advised them what's going to ensue could they push aside my suggestion. One did..he have been given married final week end. Sigh.

What did you have on the W-4? I really don't think your federal withholding was at single 1 all year. Single 2 maybe.

The goal is to break even, not to get a refund.