what is the best way to get rid of mice in the house WITHOUT using rat bait?

I have 5 dogs so the bait is not an option. I have been using the sticky pads and keep catching them but I want a better idea to keep them out and dead.

awww the sticky pads make me sad :[

well, here's what we do. we put trash cans next to tables and stairs and counters. we have a tiny trail of peanut butter on the inside wall of the trash can, so they fall in trying to get it. and you will want to use a sorta tall trash can so they cant get out. then you let them free outside, and nobody has to get hurt!

good luck!

Decon on the outside of the house will keep them away for the winter. In between, I found that dryer sheets make them stay away. Just put a few in areas where the mice are active. If you want to use plain old mouse traps, I suggest putting a glob of peanut butter on the trap and put a sunflower seed on the peanut butter. When the mouse takes the seed, the trap goes off.

traps where the cats and dogs can't get too my moms having the same problem we have the good old fashioned mouse traps all over and the cats eat the mice after they are caught peanut butter on traps is the best thing I've found so far

PepperminT! Mice hate peppermint. I had a mouse problem a few years ago and found this solution in an old book. I made a spray from equal parts of peppermint pure essential oil and alcohol and then diluted with water. Within a couple of days we were clear!

I have recommended this remedy to other friends and it has always been successful!

buy some cats keep the dogs in a kennel, and let the cats have free reign over your house.

you throw a party in a shoe box and invite them all. Play some polka music and serve a nice Guacamole dip. When they all show up and start dancing, close the shoe box and take them outside. Problem solved.

You can use live traps. Just set them in an area along a wall whre you suspect they are active.

standard mouse traps would work, just put some peanut butter on them, or get a cat that's good at mousing

get a big mean hunting cat most domestic cats will hunt mice for fun mine does

you need to find out where they are getting into and plug up all the holes to keep them out!