Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Im addicted to cereal - I can't stop eating it?

I probably eat around 3 bowls a day, if not more. I have contant cravings, and panic if we are getting low on cereal!

1 bowl for breakfast

1 for lunch

Then 1- 2 bowls after dinner.

With semi-skimmed milk

How bad is this for me? I usually have a mix of bran flakes, museli, corn flakes. Thanks.

Hello brother!

For me, I usually eat 2 - 6 (yes, SIX!!!!) bowls of Honey Nut Cheerios a day. I don't know what it is, its cold and crunchy, but not too crunchy. Its PERFECT!

For me this is not bad because many times it IS MY DINNER. For you, it is after dinner.

People do not gain weight from what they eat. 95% of the time it is HOW MUCH THEY EAT. Try eating your cereal for dinner or chew gum instead.

I am addicted to cereal as well. I started over eating about 8 months ago. A friend of mine passed away. I can eat three bowls one after the other at a time . Breakfast lunch and dinner . then i eat pizza rolls, pizza and ice cream. I'm also on methadone. I am currently 194 lb. I'm 5'7 and i really want to lose 60 lb. so i can be healthy. I now have sciatica in my lower back and have hip joint issues. I want to eat healthier but cereal is so dang good!!!

well i am somewhat the same, cereal is like the best thing ever lol. i mean i wouldn't stop eating cereal, i would just cut back. Because cereal is often fortified with vitamins and minerals, so there you are getting some nutrients, never the less there are some nutrients you aren't getting, for instance protein, sure there is some in milk but you need more than that, so with that eat some meat or nuts, and then there are some other nutrients that you need that don't come in cereal. But cereal is quite good for you, it has a decent amount of fiber, it is low in fat, low in sodium, cholesterol, and so much other stuff. So eat cereal, But eat other stuff also!

do you add sugar to your cereal? Or do you use fruit instead? If it's sugar.. then that might be the 1st sign of borderline diabetis (near diabetis). That happened to me. I switched to putting canned fruit in my cereal. I also cut down on my sugar intake and take stevia in my coffee or tea.

Stevia a herb takes some getting useto!

Avoid cereals with fruits except raisins. (raisins have antitoxins). A test report mentioned on a health tv show that pieces of apple had high counts of bacteria.. it was generic product they tested! I haven't eaten any apple cereals since!

I saw that! Best add fruit either canned or chop up an apple then add it to cereal! I suggest Special-k or it's copy called K-lite (President Choice) haven't seen K-lite lately! All Bran is good too! I was addicted to Cheerios until I discovered it contains Trisodium Phosphate.. which is a type of soap. It's in Cheerios as a preservate. Not as bad as using salt for preservate!

I eat that much cerial to.

I'm addicted to rasin bran and I eat one box a day.

I guess if its healthy or not depends on if your using the energy. Cerial is just loaded with energy so if you decide to eat it then you also have to work it off. If your not worried about gaining weight thats fine but if your not using energy you consume in general thats really bad for you and especially if you do it everyday. Me and you are the same except I work out constantly and if I decide to eat a bowl I do about 200 jumping jacks in my room about 20-30 minutes after. The cardio is good for your health and will boost your metabolism anyway so if you decide to eat a bowl. Then just do a small excercise for less then 5 minutes. Again I do about 200 jumping jacks. Your small excercise is up to you to figure out but keep in mind anything is better then nothing.

Cerial in general is very healthy for you but they say everything is good in moderation and too much energy im sure is not good for your overall health. Cerial is loaded with energy because its a breakfast. So just do what I do and excercise after you have a bowl. Its very good for you anyway.

By the way, I just now realized I spelt "cereal" wrong the whole time. wow lol

That doesn't sound so bad to me. If that's all you're eating, though you may want to take a look at the nutrition and see if you are getting enough of everything you need. You'd probably do a little better if you added some fresh fruit to the cereal, too.

The only way is the hard way. Just stop having the cereal and replace it with healthy natural foods. You are quite right. Many processed foods like cereals are purposefully manufactured with just the right mix of salt, sugar and carbs to cultivate addictive behavior. For more info on food addiction see article below.

Don't worry about it! I wish I was like that.. I'm not a morning person so I normally eat like 2 bowls and a lot of times even 1 bowel!! My fave. cereal is Apple Jacks :D It is not bad it helps give strong bones and it helps get a fresh day everyday :D

Crunch on!!

~iKelsi

BREATHE and throw away the cereal if you are nervous. You can get another person to watch and make sure u dont have so much cereal.

Yeah, I'm addicted too. My wife is always on me about the cereal purchases. I tell her, hey, at least I'm not robbing banks or smoking crack! Leave me be! Continue on your quest to eat as much cereal as possible and don't worry about it.