Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Best way to cook oatmeal?

The way I usually do it is by heating about a cup of milk in the stove and then pouring it into a bowl of dry oatmeal then add just a little bit of sugar.

I do this because I don't have much time in the morning to make my breakfast, as I have to take the bus at 6:35AM and wake up at 5:55AM. Anyway, is there any other quick way to cook it? Like, boiling the oatmeal in the milk or something? I just want to know. Maybe I will try it next time. But that's also quick cuz I have to haul my butt so I don't miss the bus.

Thanks in advance. =]

Favorite Answer

Amish Baked Oatmeal

SERVINGS: 6

1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup milk

1/4 cup butter, melted

1 egg

1 teaspoon baking powder

3/4 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Warm milk

Fresh fruit and/or brown sugar, optional

Directions:

Combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Spread evenly in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately spoon into bowls; add milk. Top with fruit and/or brown sugar if desired. Yield: 6 servings.

Oatmeal could be utilized in many distinctive recipes different than surely oatmeal for breakfast. I even have considered recipes that require rapid oats for many things which is composed of pancakes, breads, cookies, brownies, fruit crisps, meatloaf, and meatballs. The microwave, range precise, and oven could be used to coach oatmeal. Baked oatmeal is one among my widespread breakfasts and the instantaneous sort isn't undesirable the two. There are components you are able to upload to oatmeal contained in the mornings for extra style, otherwise it rather is a marginally bland start to the day. evaluate including issues alongside with chocolate chips, brown sugar, cinnamon, peanut butter, melted butter, mixed nuts, clean fruit, shredded coconut, almond or coconut milk, canned pumpkin, and pie submitting.

I put 1/2 cup of oats in a microwave safe bowl with a cup of water. Then cook it in the microwave for about a minute and a half, make sure you watch it, sometimes mine boils over. Then I add the milk, raisins and brown sugar, stir it all together, yummy!