Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

I am sick and tired of praying!!!!!?

No!!! this is geting ridiculous!!!! I have been praying all my life, been a good person, a good christian and i get nothing! there are worse people out there, who doesnt even beleive in God yet they get everything they want! dont get me wrong i dont sit at home and expect stuff to happen, i pray and TRY to make them happen by contributing myself. I honeslty dont know if i like God anymore...i really dont...I'm not perfect but he said through his son that he came here because of our imperfections...so do I have to be an atheist or sin more to get noticed??!! this is BS! i'm out of the praying game, i really am... it's over.

i'm not calling atheists bad people or lazy bums or anything...i'm just talking on the POV of someone following the Bible

Jamus thank you for not taking offense because i wasnt trying to offend anyone.

if certain people want to see as self-rightous by all means.

I pray for others AND for myself...whatever happened to "ask and you'll receive, knock and the door will be open...ask anything in the name of my Son and it will be given"?

ecterbob, i cant beleive you remembered that...thanks you for reminding me.

• ?

Shlane, I think you are a good person who is going through a very hard time. Don't feel bad; it happens to all of us. But do you remember just a couple of months ago when you were so happy because you had graduated and you felt that the prayers of so many people had helped you? That's still true.

The point of prayer is not to get what we want, although that happens, but to commune with God and allow God to work through us to change us into what God has planned for us. That's a hard thing for any of us to learn, so please don't feel I'm lecturing you or putting you down.

If you want to e-mail me feel free and we can talk about it some more, or if you just want somebody to listen, that's cool, too.

Bless you, hon.

Tired of praying? Hmmm. Let's see, first let me ask, how is your life going? Are you in good health, do you have good family support? Do you have good employment? Do you have a roof over your head and food to eat? If you answered yes to these, then I would say that you are truly blessed and seems like your prayers may have been answered regarding you.

As for praying for others, sure you can pray until you turn blue in the face, and yet evil continues to happen throughout the world. Guess what....many others have prayed like you, so you're not alone in this. So why does God not stop these atrocities once and for all right now?

Again, this all depends on your belief. If it's biblical, than you know that Satan is the ruler of the world and we're under his system. God lets this continue to prove to Satan that he and everyone else needs God to rule the world. This is suppose to come to an end eventually, but when this will happen remains to be seen.

Other theories, such as reincarnation, teach that we come to Earth to experience different types of lives such as great wealth, poverty, suffering, etc. This would explain alot also.

Either way, it's hard not to believe that there is no God. Otherwise, why even bother living, only to become non-existent forever. Think about it.

• God ALWAYS answers prayers, HE DOESNT always say yes, though. Sometimes the answer is "no" or "not yet" or something along those lines. More times than I can count, my prayers were answered in the EXACT opposite way that I wanted or expected, but it turned out better than I could have imagined.

Too many of us get caught up in the attitude that if we pray, God will be obligated to drop whatever we want at our feet. It doesn't work like that...He loves us and knows what's best for us,

I'm not sure what you think people are "getting" but true happiness does not consist in how much you get. Do you REALLY think all the rich, famous, attractive people are all that happy?! Taking one look at all the problems in Hollywood (drinking, drug usage, failed relationships, suicides, etc. etc.) should put that to rest. If you think you have it so hard, go to some place in the world where they have absolutely NOTHING compared to what we have. They have every right to complain, but they still have faith. Remember "the meek shall inherit the earth" and "to whom much is given, much is expected" it is so very easy in the U.S. to play the compare game because that is what our society is all about glitz and glamor and shallowness, but true happiness comes from being thankful for who and what you are and for the gifts in life which cannot be aquired, but earned and discovered: faith, hope, love, friendship, thoughtfulness, patience, kindness. Learn to value those things and you will be happy.

Everyone in this world will suffer and face difficult times, if God Himself came amongst us,was born into the meagerest means, was lied about, betrayed and abandoned by his closest friends, was despised, was spat upon and then sent to suffer and die an excrutiating death, why should we think we are exempt from suffering??? We who deserve so much worse than the most Innocent Lamb. I'm sure Jesus didn't want to endure his sufferings either but they had a higher purpose and plan and he said "Let your will be done Father, not mine." Shlane, remember that life is short and you need to do the best with what you are given, none of us have all the time in the world to make our lives meaningful.

Whenever I think life isn't fair I need to remind myself to be thankful that I have enough food to eat, have a job to get by, have my health. There are so many people in this world who don't have even a small percentage of those things!!! On this small frutiful continent that is the U.S. it is very hard to see things any differently, but most people in the world do not live the great life we do here in the U.S.

Source(s): "Prayer does not change God, it changes me." C.S. Lewis

Praying is only the first step, faith and belief that he will answer your prayer has to follow. The parable of the mustard seed. After being overseas and seeing a mustard tree growing out of solid rock and seeing how large it is shows the truth. That little tiny seed doesn't give up even if its under a rock shelf it continues till it finds a crack and breaks through to get to the sun. For you its not over, but its the beginning of finding true faith in Jesus Christ. Pray and believe!

I know how you feel. I felt that way before(except the atheists part).That was how i felt before. I wasn't christian(but was leaning towards is), and i believed in god. Prayed, i tried to do things to make it happen too but it didn't. Then i stopped praying. I decided, whatever happens, whatever i do, depends on me, and those around me. My decision, the their decisions alone are the things that will have an impact on my life, and not any divine intervention. If i dont get anything, it's because of what i did, or didn't do. If i did it well, i have only myself, and those around who helped, to congratulate and thank. That's the way it is.

Source(s): =)

Schlane- we have all felt this at one time. Sometimes it does seem like evil prevails, but in the end it doesn't. Please go read Psalm 37!!! It tells of how God laughs at the plans of the evil- because He knows what is going to happen to them in the end.

In James 4 it tells us why we don't seem to get answers to prayer. Sometimes we haven't asked, sometimes we ask for the wrong thing. God knows what is best and He makes sure we get it.

Several years ago my husband was laid off. We are not affluent people so this was a huge trial. I kept praying and praying that he would get a new job. Months went by with no job offers. It really tried my faith. Looking back, I see clearly how God provided for us (we didn't even go into debt!!!). My husband had precious time at home with the family, he even potty trained the littlest one. I had been sick with Lupus that wasn't diagnosed yet and at that time I was probably too sick to handle the kids by myself.

At the time I didn't see this. It is only with the passage of time that I have come to see this trial as a blessing. It was what we needed at the time we needed it. God got us through it. My husband got a job that was much better than the one he lost. And I learned to love God like I had never done before. I thank God for that "unanswered prayer!!!!

• Herb E

God do not lesson to the prayers of sinners, unless you are truly repenten, God will give you all your needs, he always answer your prayers, some times its no. What you need to do is, go to a private and quite place by your self, talk to God from your heart, like King David did, pour out your concerns, and needs in Jesus's name, talk to Him, as if He was there with you, and He might well be, for God is every where. You must believe and have unmovable faith in your God, knowing that He will take care of you, in all things. Do not let Satan put bad thoughts in your mind, throw them out, ask God to give you strength to resist Satan,s influences. be strong, don't give up.

Source(s): Bible

Let me try and explain this in a way that will offend you either- Praying does not get God ready to do your will, it gets us ready to do His. When was ask anything in His name, we will receive it- that does not mean everything that we want- when we speak His Name we are talking about His will. What are you trying to do to get God to answer you? There is nothing that we can do that will get Him to do anything= He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for us, and because we are believers in Christ, that does not make us the boss- He is and always will be- People who do not believe in God, may appear to get everything that they want- but if they do, and die, that is ALL they will get- but for us who believe, if we trust God even when He does not give us everything we want- and if we accept Christ as our Savior- we will have rewards for eternity- this life is far shorter than the time that we will spend in eternity. Don't give up on God- and prayer- because as I have experienced God does not always give us what we want- I have been praying for healing from a chronic pain disease for years, but He does give us everything that we need- grace and strength to endure.

you should know the true meaning of prayer ^^ prayer = W.A.L.K.I.N.G

Waiting on god

Asking from God

Listening to God

Knowing and to be known by god

Interceding before god

Near to god

Growing in the word of god

praying for all your life and yet nothing seems to be happening?? haha.. yea.. i used to think like that.. that i almost gave up.. but we have to know this well, the thing that we've asked for, is it the thing that we want or the thing that we need?? sometimes, god dont grant you your request is because he has a better one for you.. or maybe he wants you to grow in a paricular parts of your life?? haha.. just recently, i went for a mission trip, from 0 cent, i prayed and intercede before god, the whole cost of the mission trip was covered.. money just came in in a short period of time.. it really amazed me.. wow.. if you've asked for the right thing, he will provide and bless.. ^^ hope this helps.. =) God bless.