Neely O'Hara asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

How can I reduce my anxiety?

• Ed T

Don't let the first answer be any indication how people really think. I am going through and have been going through Anxiety problems since last year. I think the best thing for me was seeing a psychologist. You need to learn to rethink what you are thinking when you start to have anxiety. There are different ways of dealing with this and if you are interested in what I went through and how I went about it, then leave me a note and I will email you. It does take time to beat this, but hell If I can do it anyone can. Hang in there!

some web sites i have:

http://health.yahoo.com/anxiety-overview/anxiety/h...

http://people.hofstra.edu/William_C_Sanderson/cbtp...

This sort of general anxiety or fear is usually generated by an unconscious response to the 'misuse' of the imagination. Basically, the 'back part' of the mind is getting the message from the imagination that something bad is going to happen, and so creates a state of readiness in the mind and body called anxiety.

This can partly be due to experiences in the past, or a lack of an ability to tolerate uncertainty - not knowing what is going to happen, but whatever the reason, the mind can learn to relax and take things as they come.

You can correct this thru hypnosis or hypnotherapy. Try it at

http://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/downloads/phobias...

There are many many ways to reduce Anxiety. I am assuming you are looking for non-medicinal methods?

Some of the most effective methods are the simplest ones. Breathing exercises, muscle relaxation exercises, visualization and thought modification are a few of the more common natural cures for anxiety attacks. Once you start to use these techniques, you begin to realize that you are in control of your life and you have control over the anxiety. You will soon begin to see that the panic attacks are no danger to you and your fear of the attacks will start to decrease. Once the fear of the attacks is overcome, it is then that the illusion of safety and danger in certain places or situations will disappear.

Medications cover up the problem, acting as a bandage to the symptoms. Natural cures for panic attacks get to the root of the problem and give us the power to be objective and realistic, making us realize that we are in control.

There are many ways to reduce anxiety. I have suffered in the past from anxiety. Sometimes many treatments are required. You just have to stick with what you choose. Each treatment takes time. I have tried pills, meditation and exercise and I do feel better.

• Mr-Kay

Keep a positive attitude.

Accept that there are events that you cannot control.

Be assertive instead of aggressive. Assert your feelings, opinions, or beliefs instead of becoming angry, defensive, or passive.

Learn and practice relaxation techniques; try meditation, yoga, or tai-chi.

Exercise regularly. Your body can fight stress better when it is fit.

Eat healthy, well-balanced meals.

Learn to manage your time more effectively.

Set limits appropriately and say no to requests that would create excessive stress in your life.

Make time for hobbies and interests.

Get enough rest and sleep. Your body needs time to recover from stressful events.

Don't rely on alcohol, drugs, or compulsive behaviors to reduce stress.

Seek out social support. Spend enough time with those you love.

Seek treatment

All the best

This might sound strange but I like to listen to music and just rock out by dancing crazy and singing loudly. It always makes me feel better when I feel my anxiety level is getting up there.

Try a relaxation technique or talk to a friend,deep breathing helps,when you feel an attack start to begin sit in a quiet room and try to think of something pleasant.

go to the doctor, and get some anxiety pills, and dont listen to stupid answers like the first one u got, honsetly the only way is to go to the doctor so its treated properly, not on here xxxx

• Yoga. A hot bath. A long talk with a friend. If it comes to it, see a therapist.

• Emmy

Deep breathing, try to make yourself realize it will pass.

Try to focus on something else, and if all else fails a xanax always helps me.