Does Barrack Hussein Obama have any respect for our soldiers who died in the Iraq war?

I ask this because of his constant remarks that the war is a complete waste and awful stupid mistake.If you disagree with the war-fine...but have some respect for our brave soldiers who were killed over there,and tone down the obvious disgust for what were fighting for.I dislike him more everyday,and his wife who is unpatriotic.

Response to :

Mike D...I agree with you about the war,it was misguided and we made errors which are going to cost us immensely.I just feel for all the families who lost loved ones....was there anything accomplished for their sacrifice?I would hope and pray that there was.

Obama does not respect the troops.

Has he ever visited a wounded soldier without intending that it be a photo op?

Did he respect and listen to General Pratorious when he addressed Congress?

Has he listened to those of us who have served in Iraq?

Was he honest when he made those claims about the unit that was short personnel and equipment in Afghanistan?

That would be the most sensible thing to do! We've been in a war now for 6 years with no goals accomplished, failed leadership, and an economic disaster caused by the current Republican Administration, that doesn't know the meaning of accountability or responsibility! It's time for a change, and "Mixed-up McCain" doesn't have the answer...

Can sending a soldier to a useless and unwinable war and getting him killed be described as anything BUT a stupid waste?

Going into Iraq WAS a mistake, a deadly and costly one. The war was based on false charges and has weakened our position in Afghanistan and keeps our hands full should the mullahs in Iran try anything stupid.

I'm a veteran myself and I think ALL Americans should be disgusted by this war. It works against Americas long term interests (although it did wonders for Bush's short term re-election interests). We certainly aren't fighting for any of America's stated principles.

Sure, the soldiers are (mostly) brave. So what? It doesn't mean their lives aren't being wasted.

You need to learn what patriotism is. Patriotism isn't wrapping yourself up in the flag, carrying a cross and shouting "U! S! A!" at the top of your lungs. True patriotism is quiet and introspective. True patriotism is dissent, especially against a disastrous policy like the Iraq war.

I agree with the thought that why do Americans blame the military when in a conflict. It's almost like they believe the military joint chiefs stage the wars themselves, when in reality the president and political powers point the military in the direction they want them to go!

THANK ALL the military personnel for just joining and leave the political agenda where it belongs!

Semper Fi!

Of course he has respect for the soldiers. No disrepect to the question asker, but why are people now raising questions about Obama's patriotism? This is getting rediculous. This campaign has went some places i never thought it would go. As a naval intelligence veteran i feel very strongly about my choice to support Obama as the democratic nominee even though he has no military experience. And this is why. Bill Clinton had no military experience, but George Bush and his father did and look at the situation we are in. Obama and his wife share the feeling of millions that this war was a complete waste of time and lives. I served in Iraq providing intelligence support for various special forces teams, so trust me I know the temperature of that SandBox. And I am very proud of the Obama's who are letting their voice be heard. The problem Mr. Question Asker is not Obama's patriotism, the problem is America's acceptance of the constant loss of life in Iraq. I've been there, it's rediculous!!!

• john a

More respect than Bush. Bush said a few months ago that he will be bringing back troops in a couple of months. He lied. He now said the current levels will stay the same. He has even paid non military comapanies money to do jobs the soldiers do and then insults them by saying the companies do a better job then our military. That is insulting.

He has done a budget for next year with no increase for soldiers hurt and after war programs for our soldiers. When troops ask to go home to visit their families he has said no. Then made them stay a extra 3 tours. That is a insult.

I think the war is a complete waste and an awful stupid mistake and I'm a veteran. Just because I think that though, doesn't mean I blame any soldier for all of this. The President basically gave the military orders equivalent to trying to empty out a large body of water with a spoon. If he didn't say anything harsher than what you indicated, I don't see the disrespect to US soldiers in what he said.

Human rights are a higher value than patriotism. And the Iraq war was a typical example for wrong decisions and should avoided in all our future. German soldiers in WW2 were brave, too, but they died for a wrong purpose. In the contrary the resistance people were truely brave. And Chancellor Brandt was brave as he went to Norway in order not to become a soldier. Please, respect human values!

Source(s): Opinion

I think you are unpatriotic for making this type of argument.

FACT: the war is a complete waste and awful stupid mistake.

Many soldiers would be alive and many more wouldn't be wounded/paralyzed had we not made this awful stupid mistake...

If this country had more respect for our military personel, we wouldn't be so quick to send them into battle on faulty/fabricated information.

I bet you still think this war is about Iraqi freedom don't you...?

{sand} < insert head here.

Of course he does.

My brother, who leaves for Iraq in a week, called yesterday to complain about being forced to listen to Cheney. The men were called in to a talk, instead of spending time with loved ones, wherein Cheney never looked up from his speech and didn't give any personal time. That's not what I call respect toward soldiers.