Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Should Yahoo Answers be changed to Yahoo Opinions?

Or Yahoo Statements or Yahoo Rants? Because most of the time it isn't really Yahoo Answers is it?

Favorite Answer

How true, how true it is.

No, but maybe they should start a separate site called "Yahoo Opinions" or "Yahoo rants" - then any rant or opinions posted on Answers could be automatically cut and pasted there.

I think that there's some truth to that. I believe there would be a lot of value in requiring all questions to be classified as Fact-based vs. Opinion-based, in addition to categorization. And then, if someone gives rants or opinions to fact-based questions, that would be another thing that could be reported against them (although perhaps it could count for less). I'd really be in favour of that.

Yes, however, it is difficult in some cases merely to give an answer without interjecting an opinion...something many of us do; as for ranting, that goes with the territory.

Or Yahoo-give-your-opinion-and-receive-hatemail

• Laura

Your right it should really be changed to opinions cause the ppl on here are not professionals in whatever field your asking your questions!! but 9 times out of 10 some ppl are professionals soooo.........I agree

No, you do get answers but you must remember not all questions require facts for an answer. Some people do ask questions to get other people's options in solving a problem they may have.

Yahoo Opinions? Why not? Great idea! Mind really matters...I'll give you three snaps for that!

• Bill

Yeah Yahoo opinions, or lies, either one would work

But its fun and you get to meet lots of people,

yahoo answers is easier to say than yahoo opinions.

'Yahoo Best Guesses'

Real people, giving lots and lots of pretty good guesses.

Many more good answers than bad.