"What are they Lassie? -They could be barking at anything."?

That was Philomena McCann's discription of the cadaver dogs used in the Algarve.

Please tell me what you think of this very interesting article entitled "Sniffer Dogs used to seek Madeleine prove again their effectiveness -- SNIFFER DOGS THAT MADE THE FIND"

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/

Great answers so far. Thank you for all so far.

Dellyxx -- Exactely my opinion.

( "Their effectiveness on Jersey only solidifies what they found in Portugal" )

Barbie V --- I agree. "These dogs they dont just bark at anything"

Mystic Lipstick -- How strange indeed

"Strange how these dogs were given so little credibility in what they indicated with regards to the MacCann case..."

Look at this link and see what the McCanns have done:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe...

Kate and Gerry McCann send to US for help against evidence of sniffer dogs - Times Online

Swift Malone Likes Reason -- I agree.

David -- That's something I was not aware of. Thank you.

How can we consider unreliable evidence made available by those

dogs and their handlers when the skeleton was found under concrete.

I am sure the evidence would convince anyone "beyond reasonable doubt"

little weed

thank you for your two links. Some has paid insurance premiums of 2 million Pounds. Some one thinks those dogs are worth that expense. They and their evidence must be pretty reliable, I think.

littleda...

Desperate people will make desperate claims

izo

nothing else I can add to your great post. Some people don't seem to understand that, we grieve for the McCanns, we do not give a toss about the McCanns themselves personally. They are strangers to us all but it is the concept of 'truth' that is familiar to us all and which we see under threat because of this case. The McCann case seems to me to be a continuous attempt at doging the authorities, police enquiries, etc etc I thik it reached the level of the SHAMEFUL

Favorite Answer

I think these dogs are amazing.

Hopefully the children on Jersey will get justice and the right to a proper burial.

I have no doubt that these dogs will find ALL the children that are buried there.

Their effectiveness on Jersey only solidifies what they found in Portugal.

The suggestion of an obedience class is an excellent one. Read here https://tr.im/ompaT

It will help your dog learn to behave around other dogs, and help keep your training moving forward as you'll want to be prepared for the next class. Also, a good instructor can be a wonderful resource, someone to help you with any questions or concerns about your dog. Leash training can take a LOT of time and patience, depending upon the dog. I'm not sure what you mean by 'horrible on a leash' but my basic suggestion is that you take a lot of yummy treats with you on walks. When your dog behaves well on the leash (not pulling) praise her and give her treats. Change direction a lot so that she learns to pay attention to YOU and where you are going. It's also helpful to teach a "Watch Me" command such that whenever your dog looks at you you praise her and give her a treat. About chewing, yes a Kong is a great chew toy. Some dogs also like Nylabone brand bones. I suggest also teaching a "Leave It" command. You use this when she shows interest in chewing on something she shouldn't. Then immediately give her something she is allowed to chew, such as the Kong stuffed with somethig yummy. This same command will be helpful on walks when she wants to sniff or eat something she shouldn't. Again, when she does leave the item alone, be sure to give lots of praise. I would look into an obedience class right away. I think that you'll find that a good obedience class can help enormously! Good luck and enjoy your new dog.

Yep the McCanns will try to discredit the dogs... just like they have tried so hard to destroy the credibility of evidence such as cleaning the apartment and washing the cuddle cat because that is what criminals do.. Kate and Gerry aren't looking for Madeline.. There covering there own tracks.

I really hope that little Madaline gets her rightful justice soon.

Eddie and Keela ,the dogs used in the McCann case are absolute wonder dogs .Eddie is insured for over 2 million pounds and has shown off his talents once more at the house in Jersey. The McCanns tried to discredit these dogs because they have something to hide.

http://www.the3arguidos.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/ne...

We value those dogs a lot.

Obviously, if they were barking at a Portuguese pool guy, he wouldn't have many support here, would he?

Edit@Izo: Great post, Girl. Spot on. That's the difference between supporting and shielding!

• Judy

Strange how these dogs were given so little credibility in what they indicated with regards to the MacCann case, they certainly appear to be earning their keep in Jersey right now, the MacCanns must be cringing with all the publicity given to these truly clever and amazing dogs.......btw, would you want Miss MacCann teaching your children, given the above mentioned quote ?

• izo

well, If it was my little 3year old niece that was missing, as much as I wouldn't want to believe my sister/brother was somehow involved, the main person I would be concerned about is my niece, I don't understand how you could just blindly believe because they are 'family', if my sister behaved in that way I would have suspicions and wouldn't publicly/blindly defend them, I would be asking questions, be disgusted that they had fled the country, and certainly wouldn't dream of slagging of the highly trained (at much expense) dogs..or an entire nation of police!!! I don't get where she is coming from.

The cadaver dogs have proved there worth time and again, how people can dismiss them ..because that points to the parents having a hand in Maddie's disappearance.. in one case but hail them as heros in the next case, well its a bit beyond belief isn't it??? xx

I personally think these dog are amazing - and they dont just bark at anything -

she is truly a stupid woman for making that comment

does she really believe that the dogs are selective at what they react to

raises more questions about the whole sorry affair

Probably her, they had thought she was possible mating material.