Bea
Bea asked in Social ScienceDream Interpretation · 1 decade ago

Do you believe dream catchers work?

Personally I do, I got one from a local market one day, it has chimes hanging from it so it doesn't look like the traditional dream catcher. Anyway, it's said that they keep bad dreams away, since getting this I've not had a nightmare

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamcatcher_(Native_...

That's a dream catcher if you don't know what one is

Hi there, OnlyMe,

I believe that a dream catcher will help you as much as a cross.

It might have a spiritual meaning to you, but for you, it can do nothing......

Crosses are idolatry.... As well as flags and things of that nature.... (((***I'm not looking to get bashed on this basis, just sharing what I know***)))

So, the dream catcher is only worth what you believe. If you believe it works, then it works for you..... But, it is just a piece of cloth with Indian symbols stretched across a circular band.

I have one at home of a wolf peering into a river and seeing himself as a man...... it has feathers and all kinds of beadwork hanging off of it.... It is a piece of art to me.... and has never kept me from bad dreams.....

Perhaps, it is that your life has greater purpose and has no room for negative aspects of dreaming.

Your sister,

Ginger

Do Dream Catchers Work

I highly doubt it, I mean, it could act as a placebo (something that has an effect because you think it does). A better "cure" for nightmares is what many call lucid dreaming, which is basically controlling the content of your dreams. It's pretty hard though (about 20% of my dreams are lucid, but I'm kind of a natural). When I was young, I said "I wish I wouldn't have a bad dream" before I went to sleep, and it seemed to work :)

I do believe they work. With it you are more able to relax at night to sleep well. Obviously if you worry about the bad dreams they will be foremost in your mind when you fall asleep, so could lead to them being there. Having a dream catcher hanging up by your bedside is a good way to let you fall asleep with ease. I had a friend who used to suffer from nightmares, so his dad put one up and explained the history of them. After that he claimed he never had a nightmare again.

Do dream catchers work? No

Does the psychology work on a young mind? Yes

as said in the above post my child suffered with night terrors we purchased a dream catcher and explained to him what it was and it worked no more bad dreams

Its about whether you believe they work. If you believe they work, owning a dream catcher will definitely benefit you. My attitude to them does not matter.

I bought one for my eldest daughter many years ago as she was suffering from bad dreams almost every night - not sure if it is all the the mind but since I put it over her bed she hasn't had any more - whatever the myth behind them it worked for her so yeah I gotta say i believe in them

Actually I don't cuz nightmares don't go away by some kind of a toy with a net. just live in peace cuz nightmares happen because there's a lot of things happen to you and lies still in your mind and waits for the right time to get out which is - in your case -while you are asleep cuz you don't get them out while you are awake (I mean those thoughts of course) and nightmares sometimes come because you ate something and went straight to bed so don't eat before you go to bed by 4 hours or just don't eat after 8 and maybe nightmares haven't come to you since the dream chatcher thing because you convinced yourself it works so it's all a matter of believing. Hope I Could help ;)

I do.

When I was younger I kept having bad dreams

I bought one and they just went.

I was so happy.

a dream catcher doesnt actully do anything its because u know its there and ur mind is set to think that the dream catcher will catch them. if u understand