Jehovah's Witnesses: I am confused on this issue. Please explain, or are you going to have it removed again?

In a press communiqué issued by the Secretary to the European Commission of Human Rights, Application No. 28626/95 Jehovah’s Witnesses, objecting to Bulgarias refusal to recognize them as a religious organization said:

The applicant association submits that the decision of the Council of Ministers of 28 June 1994 refusing the association's request for authorisation, was arbitrary and unlawful as it was taken secretly and did not give any reasons. This decision was then interpreted by the authorities as amounting to official prohibition to practise the Jehovah's Witnesses religion and as the ground for a brutal and persistent suppression of their activities through unlawful police actions and all possible measures. Furthermore, a media campaign was launched against Jehovah's Witnesses.

Update:

As regards the alleged involvement of children the applicant association submits that children cannot become members of the association but only participate, together with their parents, in the religious activities of the community. In respect of the refusal of blood transfusion, the applicant association submits that there are no religious sanctions for a Jehovah's Witness who chooses to accept blood transfusion and that, therefore, the fact that the religious doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses is against blood transfusion cannot amount to a threat to "public health".

This is a matter of public record. Look it up:

http://www.pnc.com.au/~fichrist/echr1.html

Update 2:

But the Watchtower 1982 , 7/15/82, pg 18:

"Paul wrote to the Corinthians that a man guilty of fornication should be expelled. He added that idolaters, adulterers, homosexuals, thieves, greedy persons, drunkards, revilers and extortioners “will not inherit God’s kingdom.” (1 Corinthians 5:1, 6, 7, 11-13; 6:9-11) We also read that Christians must ‘abstain from things sacrificed to idols, from blood, from things strangled and from fornication’ and that supposed brothers who promote false teachings are to be rejected. (Acts 15:28, 29; Titus 3:10; 2 John 9-11) Plainly, laws are involved here. A practicer of such sins cannot become a true Christian. And if a servant of God unrepentantly carries on these sins, he must be disfellowshipped."

So did the watchtower Society mislead the European Commission of Human Rights?

Also http://www.cftf.com/online/1998JulSepp02-05.html

Update 3:

THIS QUESTION WAS REMOVED ONCE. I AM SIMPLY ASKING FOR AN EXPLAINATION.

Update 4:

Sorry if it’s a little hard to understand but basically the Watchtower Society told the European Commission of Human Rights that “that there are no religious sanctions for a Jehovah's Witness who chooses to accept blood transfusion(s)” but it is standard and published Witness policy to disfellowship or excommunicate any one who accepts a blood transfusion:

Watchtower 7/15/82 page 18: “Christians must ‘abstain from things sacrificed to idols, from blood”….” A practicer of such sins cannot become a true Christian. And if a servant of God unrepentantly carries on these sins, he must be disfellowshipped."

Update 5:

The question is: Did the Watchtower Society decieve the European Commission?

Update 6:

JIMI: It doesn't seem like the Witnesses want to answer this one either.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

I have no argument with you, you are right in the opinion you formed It is well thought out and I know you , you want answers and so do I.You claim to be a apostate, but your not, you are just like the rest of us, looking for answers!

• PediC
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

your question: So did the watchtower Society mislead the European Commission of Human Rights?

instead of misleading, they call it "theocratic warfare"

Their leadership will say anything to advance their objective, and encourages their membership to do the same. You should see the instruction manual they have for their members going through divorce/child custody cases.

• 1 decade ago

Probably be removed again. I don't actually see a question here and I don't click on links either (too many viruses)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sometimes the truth hurts that is why they removed it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

what is the question/?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.