Jehovah's Witnesses: Explain this additional Watchtower/Blood problem:?

In a press communiqué issued by the Secretary to the European Commission of Human Rights, Application No. 28626/95 Jehovah’s Witnesses, objecting to Bulgarias refusal to recognize them as a religious organization said:

The applicant association submits that the decision of the Council of Ministers of 28 June 1994 refusing the association's request for authorisation, was arbitrary and unlawful as it was taken secretly and did not give any reasons. This decision was then interpreted by the authorities as amounting to official prohibition to practise the Jehovah's Witnesses religion and as the ground for a brutal and persistent suppression of their activities through unlawful police actions and all possible measures. Furthermore, a media campaign was launched against Jehovah's Witnesses.

Update:

As regards the alleged involvement of children the applicant association submits that children cannot become members of the association but only participate, together with their parents, in the religious activities of the community. In respect of the refusal of blood transfusion, the applicant association submits that there are no religious sanctions for a Jehovah's Witness who chooses to accept blood transfusion and that, therefore, the fact that the religious doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses is against blood transfusion cannot amount to a threat to "public health".

This is a matter of public record. Look it up:

http://www.pnc.com.au/~fichrist/echr1.html

Update 2:

But the Watchtower 1982 , 7/15/82, pg 18:

"Paul wrote to the Corinthians that a man guilty of fornication should be expelled. He added that idolaters, adulterers, homosexuals, thieves, greedy persons, drunkards, revilers and extortioners “will not inherit God’s kingdom.” (1 Corinthians 5:1, 6, 7, 11-13; 6:9-11) We also read that Christians must ‘abstain from things sacrificed to idols, from blood, from things strangled and from fornication’ and that supposed brothers who promote false teachings are to be rejected. (Acts 15:28, 29; Titus 3:10; 2 John 9-11) Plainly, laws are involved here. A practicer of such sins cannot become a true Christian. And if a servant of God unrepentantly carries on these sins, he must be disfellowshipped."

So did the watchtower Society mislead the European Commission of Human Rights?

Also http://www.cftf.com/online/1998JulSepp02-05.html

Update 3:

The Watchtower Society tells the European's:

"the applicant association submits that there are no religious sanctions for a Jehovah's Witness who chooses to accept blood transfusion and that, therefore, the fact that the religious doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses is against blood transfusion cannot amount to a threat to "public health". "

Update 4:

Sorry if it’s a little hard to understand but basically the Watchtower Society told the European Commission of Human Rights that “that there are no religious sanctions for a Jehovah's Witness who chooses to accept blood transfusion(s)” but it is standard and published Witness policy to disfellowship or excommunicate any one who accepts a blood transfusion:

Watchtower 7/15/82 page 18: “Christians must ‘abstain from things sacrificed to idols, from blood”….” A practicer of such sins cannot become a true Christian. And if a servant of God unrepentantly carries on these sins, he must be disfellowshipped."

3 hours ago

The question is: Did the Watchtower Society decieve the European Commission?

Update 5:

hasse_john: I was a Witness for 50 years. Why would I want to study with them?

I am asking them to explain why the Society deceived the European Commission.

Update 6:

Debbie: having reading comprehension problems? Read the question.

Update 7:

PPPP: the only thing confusing was your answer.

The Watchtower Society told the European Commission that there were no religious sanctions for taking a blood transfusion. The Watchtower quoted above says you get disfellowshipped.

Explain it !!

Update 8:

Bar: I guess it is getting boring to JW's to be asked why thw Watchtower Society flip flops so many times.

Since you refuse to acknowledge the fact that the Society does this, even in the face of irrefutable proof , I guess it is getting boring and pointless.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

They can't ,that's why you will never get a clear cut statement and it always changes according to new light. I feel where your coming from.

• Nope, we are not "under the thumb of the Watchtower organization" or any other organization.

Our stand on blood is from God's Word, the Holy Bible. Acts chapter 15 says it is the direction of the Holy Spirit.

And on the medical professional level, even many doctors and surgeons now see the wisdom of nonblood treatment.

Questions like the above become quite boring. They have nothing to say of substance, and so there is nothing really for us to explain.

What political authorities want to do in "framing mischief by law" is their problem to explain, not ours.

Source(s): The HOLY Bible
  • 1 decade ago

You need to be more specific in what you want....

This is what I get from what you wrote....That Jehovah's Witnesses can only be accepted as a religion if they do not refuse blood. Is this correct?

And you think the brothers will accept blood just to be able to preach?

Wrong!

They will never allow blood for they will lose their everlasting life. These men are not to be feared..Jehovah will fix things.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

um , the only problem i see is that u like some others have aproblem with Jehovah god so u pick out things that u think it that suppose to make the ones following him confused or make us think we are wrong -not going to work u have to understand we are being led by Jehovah god and all things in his name we succeed no matter what is being said are done u just have a personal problem and i hope one day you will get to understand Jehovah's purposes and Truth

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You had one answer from a studying JW. on your last question, and "birdy" was on a minute ago. "linedancer" is a JW and there are a few others. If you want to study, why don't you e-mail one of them rather than put them on the hot seat in an open forum?

• Ulrika
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

This is interesting. I hope they see this. I think it is sad that they are so much under the thumb of their Watchtower organization that they cannot decide for themselves.

They have changed the light on several issues and I see their blood policy changing in the near future.

JWs place too much trust on their organizations threats and promises. Why would God deny the eternal life from someone for accepting a medical treatment. That is plain loony concept. We are saved by the mercy and grace of God. Nothing we do or we do not do can keep us from heaven when we have accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord God and Savior for forgiveness of our sins.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.