Alberich asked in Education & ReferenceTrivia · 1 decade ago

How could I be able to distinguish between left and right socks?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Tricia
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

wear different colours eg lilac for left and red for right i do and it works every time

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 decade ago

this is really very simple.... fresh out of the package, there is NO SUCH THING as a left or right designated sock, so go ahead and just put one sock on each foot. once you've worn them all day, take them off and note the particular dirt and fungus-crusted shape of each sock- this will tell you exactly which is which. now if you wash them then you wont' be able to tell which is which, so you should continue wearing this particular pair for at least a week, to get your money's worth. after that, dispose of the socks, get a new pair, and repeat. voila!! you'll never wear the wrong sock again.

ps helpful hint- the more time goes by, the easier it is to distinguish between left and right because of the rigidity of the material. it will form to your foot! it's like a "custom" sock!

pps- this answer is meant to be humorous. please don't do this, cuz it's disgusting. wash yo feet, hoe! :)

• Ryan
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I have socks with days of the week on the side. They are colour coded around the toes and the little piece which says the day of the week ('Sunday' for example) is meant to be on the outside part of the ankle when worn. So I can distinguish between right and left with those socks.

• 1 decade ago

You cant tell between them, both socks are exactly the same, so it doesn't matter what foot they go on,

But if you wanted to know what sock was left and right, you could pick one and mark it, eg, left = sow a bit of thread into it and so on.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Some sports socks have a logo on the outside. This would make it easy if you are concerned about always having the same sock for the same foot.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1. If you wear them long enough, without washing them, they feel funny on the wrong feet.

2. It's usually the big toe the makes a hole in a sock, so the location of the hole should indicate to which foot the sock belongs.

• 1 decade ago

Put your socks on your feet. Look down at your feet. The sock on your left foot is your left sock and the one on the right foot is your right sock. As long as you wear them, they will remain so. If you remove them and wish to put them on the correct foot then label them for later use.

• winker
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

The left sock is on the left foot and the right sock is on the right foot.

• 1 decade ago

Buy socks with a design on one side. The design is worn on the outside of the ankle - hence you have left and right.

• 1 decade ago

You can't both socks are exactly the same. My Grandmother has a sock making machine and both socks are made exactly the same.

I guess if you want you could label them lol

• RD
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Pick three socks and at least one will be a pair to wear on both feet

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.