was it fair to chuck out josiah lemming out of american idol?

personally i feel josiah was a really talented guy n he should not have been rejected like that . it was truely unfair.

he had great passion in his voice n it iz definately american idol's loss to lose a talent like him

Favorite Answer

Yes it was fair. It's a competition show with the judges' opinion as the final say for who goes into the top 24. It's up to everyone else once those 24 are decided.

There were a lot of talented people who were "rejected" as you say Josiah was. Do you think it's fair that they did not make it either?

Just because he has a sob story and is good looking does not give him a special right to make it to the final 24.

I'm sorry but it's really getting old all the talk about Josiah and how talented he was, what a hard life he has, and so on. There has to be ten or twenty other hard stories for his that were not focused on during Hollywood week - he just got the focus I think because he was good looking.

I keep on bringing up the young woman from Chicago with the disabled child. She was very talented too. Was it fair for her to be rejected too?

It's a competition show and that's how things go. Sometimes your fave will make it, sometimes they won't. Josiah is young enough that he can try again next year or maybe someone will give him a shot at a recording contract. Either way he needs to grow up some before he can truly become successful. Dismissing the band was the critcal mistake and probably the main reason he was not given the chance to be in top 24.

This was actually the topic of my most recent Blog ...

The American Idol That Never Was

....

Yes, I am addicted to this show ... cheesy I know ... and I am not making reference to the contestant with the equally cheddarish name (Chikezie) ... though he does have an adorable smile! Just me being cheesy and it ain't easy. I have my top three favorite guys after tonight ... but that will be addressed later ... tonight I want to talk about and AI contestant that never made it to the top 24. He had everything a savvy television producer might like; a compelling back story, an adorable face and actual talent ... tonight I pay homage to Josiah Lemming ... never has there been a street urchin more deserving of a chance ... this story could have been written by Victor Hugo himself ...(google it)

Here he is Mr. Josiah Lemming on the Elen Degeneres Show ... Best wishes Josiah!

http://mjsbigblog.com/josiah-leming-on-the-ellen-d...

Source(s): You must have a MySpace account to view ... I am so sorry! http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog&...

He messed up his audition big time, the last one anyway. This is a singing contest nothing else. His story saddens me, but I do not feel sorry for him being voted off. If you are going to send a band away you better be pretty damn good. He didn't cut it, and I think he got a little cocky at the end. Is it true he didn't even practice for his last audition?

I am sure someone will offer his some type of a contract, maybe. Or he will probably come back next season. I feel bad for all the people who get voted off. It must be so hard!

I agree with what the person above me said. People should boycott AI until they cut this stuff out!

haha

Was it fair? ....Based on his final audition and his attitude, maybe. Personally, I thought he deserved a chance. What wasn't fair was AI stacking the competition with "professionals".

Approximately half of this seasons top 24 were previously signed to record deals. Michael Lee (the cute Aussie) was in a band called Film that had a shot and blew it. One guy was in a boy band that opened on one of Britney Spears' early tours with LFO. One girl was signed in Nashville and was set to have Britney appear in her video. The plus-size model was the winner of the first M'onique's F.A.T. Chance. The Irish chick had a MAJOR LABEL deal but only sold 300 albums.

Even my favorite this season, David Archuleta, is not an unknown. He was a repeat winner in the Junior Singer category on the last incarnation of Star Search.

I realize there have been previous contestants who weren't "amateurs" - Taylor Hicks, Melinda Doolittle, and Chris Daughtry to name a few - but none of those people had major label deals or billing on a major concert tour.

What bothers me most is that the unknowns - like Josiah and the girl with the sick daughter - didn't really get a fair chance in the audition process because AI had an agenda to put all these other people on the show. They stacked the deck against another Sanjaya, but in doing so, they shut the door on some deserving individuals ... including Josiah.

No, I think that he should definitely still be there. I mean, he was completely unprepared to perform with the band, so he improvised. I think they should have gave him another chance because of his previous performances. And, he has an amazing voice, he would be popular among pretty much everybody nowadays. There is something to like about him for everyone. He's totally likable, talented, good looking, AND he has a sense of humour. I, personally, love him, and I think he deserves another chance. Also, he's living in his car for Pete's sake! Like come on! (lol)

Anyways, that's my opinion, comment on it if you'd like, don't if you'd rather not, haha.

He was a decent overall musician with the keyboard and guitar but his voice wasn't really that good. If the show was "American One Man Band Idol" he would have made it. But since the show is all about vocal talent, he would have been exposed as the next Sanjaya...

Was it fair... yes. It is the judges opinion on who they decide to put through but undoubtedly it was a mistake. Just listen to this song he wrote on his own. No doubt that he will soon be signed and this will be a single. Overall, it might have been the best thing that could have happened to him. He won't be forced to sing songs that don't fit him and he can start performing now.

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/ The video is up for now but for anybody reading this tomorrow click on his picture and im sure the song will play.

His last performance

that, i think we all agree was a mess. Anyone who've heard the original song could easily tell from the first note.

The question is why did he did that to himself? True, he stood a chance, but he completely kill it himself with his last performance

In AI, you have to be good all the time, no room for such performance...

Josiah is such a talented guy!they are so dumb in choosinh the top 24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i hate Simon!!Paula really liked him!

• D K

Im sorry but he was getting annoying...kinda ballsy for him to send the band away, then he didnt have a very good audition...imo he had to go....he had talent though, I agree there