Jehovah's Witnesses. please explain this from your literature:?

From: The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah - How? 1971 p. 216:

JEHOVAH’S “SWORD” AGAINST “ALL THOSE OF FLESH”

9 Shortly, within our twentieth century, the “battle in the day of Jehovah” will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom."

Did I miss something? Isn't the 20th Century over? Wasn't this quote from 1971, before 1975?

Look it up on your little CD's, kids.

I don't mean to belittle you. I enjoyed our exchange. Facts are facts, my friend. I truly wish you would reason on this.

The above was to PAPA. Sorry, guys, I'm losing it tonight!!

PAPA. how can I belittle you with your own literature, mu comments aside.

ANGEL is on the "we don't know when Eve was created" kick.

ANGEL< I'll type slow so you can understand....the 20th Century is OVER!! When Eve was created is not relevent.

PAPA. really, what happened to reading comprehension? Do you actually let guys like ANGEL go to the doors and talk to real people? Seriously, Angel use your power of reason and read the question!

GUYSTER, you are so right!! Aw, heck with this. Let's get a beer.

Aw, PAPA, can't you take a joke!!!

You know i love ya'! I honestly wish you would think about this.

VMO: I critique all religions. The Witnesses are just so easy.

All religion sucks.

VMO, which accurate knowledge of the Bible are you reffering to, the 1914, 1941, 1975 armageddon prediction, the "armageddon will come in the 20th century (see above), the "man will never fly in space" "germs don't cause disease...there are so many JW "truths from the bible", that are no longer true, you have to be more specific

There's new light coming in on it, please get back with me on it. lol

By the way the war against christedom already began in 20 century you just need to see how in Yahoo R&S people are very against with religion and church had lost his influence.,

Also I would like to know you believe that Jesus will rule the earth? If yes how are going to be the conditions of the earth during his rulership.

Remember , God has a calendar, that you can see in the bible, our calendar is not the important but that calendar.

In 1975 was the year Adam had 6000 years od created but Adam wasn´t the last creation of God but Eve.

Many people thought that because Adam´s birthday creation was in 1975 the Armageddon could come in that date but in any publication that date appear as the date of Armageddon.

Nobody can denied that this world is cracking and all the thing Jesus said in Matthew 24:3-14 is happening already.

twenty century is over but Jehovah use the first calendar that existed, the one the jewish have.

The flood happened in the second month of that calendar , day 17, but that is not February but November 1st or 2nd.

Jesus died in the first month of that calendar but is the fourth month in our calendar.

Jesus ´s birth is in the seventh month of that calendar Which is the tenth month of our calendar.

Our calendar is not important , the one that is in the bible is the one that is important.

This is in line with the same situation that occurred with the congregations in the first century where they were promoting that circumcision was a necessary thing that Christians were required to do in order to be viewed as acceptable to God. This was discussed amongst the apostles privately, once the truth of the matter was discovered, then "letters" were written and sent to the congregations in the first century "explaining" that this teaching was false and that circumcision wasn't a requirement but rather a personal choice. Today the example is followed that was followed then, have a question, investigate using God's word as the authority, find the accurate information that is presented, and then write "letters" to all the congregations educating them with what was found. As far as teaching aids, these are no different than the Bible itself as far as having "truth" written down. Technically we don't need to have a copy of the Bible in written word when we should be able to recite the entire Bible by the use of the Holy Spirit but God has made it so that his word is available to all, in written form in order to aid us in our worship to him...these study aids are just like that, an aid to help us fully understand the truths that are contained in the Bible.

• grnlow

Well kiddy, it was certainly "wished for" among all men and women of good will. Who would not wish for this wicked corrupt system to end?

Fortunately, we are not in charge. Almost a million persons have since come out of false religion. These would have died as part of it if those well meaning people had had their way. Now we are all grateful for Jehovah being in charge of the time rather than any of us.

One thing that is not up for any doubt is the upcoming destruction of Christendom along with its cohorts of the rest of false religions. The Bible speaks of their, not just death, but tearing apart horribly by the governments of the world. Interestingly it is Rev. 17:17 that tells us it is God that puts it into the hearts of the governments to do this.

So kiddo, whenever God calls time for this to be done, to save your backside in one piece, it is best to get out now while there remains time to do so.

What you fail to take into consideration is the imperfections of

mankind.There were indeed quite a few among Jehovah's

people who felt like the great Tribulation was near in the

early and mid 70's.And when It didn't occur, they went back to

their Bibles and kept seeking from Jehovah's word as to

why this didn't happen.As a result a deeper understanding was

reached,Matt.24:14.was one of these.The preaching work had

not been completed to Jehovah's satisfaction as yet.So you

see the light just keeps getting brighter and brighter.There

are many other Scriptures also shed considerable light.

get more Information:www.watchtower.org

Perhaps it already has and we just aren't seeing it. Maybe we are looking for something that we would recognize.

From the surveys that I have seen, Christendom is losing membership in droves. We even have billboards down here encouraging guys to enter the priesthood.

And maybe we jumped the gun.

But, it doesn't alter the fact that God wants people to worship Him according to His requirements not ours and those that choose to worship another way will be on the losing side of the battle. Whenever that may be.

The religion is full of these predictions that didn't come to pass. The issue I have with the religion is that they say you must be all the way with them and believe it or you're not trusting in God, yet when THEY are the ones to make mistakes it always come back to WE made the mistake.

They are changing their belief on the end times bungle...It is now 120 years from 1914.....Not too far so that they can hook newer JW's into giving up their retirement for the speedy end times but far enough away to give the WBS to figure out something to do when the end does not come by 2035.

• VMO

Its wrong, so whats your point?

UPDATE: You really spend so much time bashing the Jehovah's Witnesses when you don't recognize how humans are imperfect. If you actually do research on Christianity, false predictions were made by each and everyone of the churches. The fact is, humans aren't as forgiving as God. When we make mistakes, God forgives us.

The fact is, we have the accurate knowledge of the Bible, and thats all that matters.

Alright, if you are as tired as I am of beating your head against the brick wall trying to get them to "see", let's head out and start on shots of tequila. I'm buying, babe!

If your looking for prophicies(sp?), Christians of all sorts have been saying armageddon has been coming for the 2000 yrs...I'd be more prone to listen to Nostradamus; HE has been right...