Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Why are you afraid to die?

Someone told me that I was afraid to die because I haven't lived my life yet. I don't know but, is it true for you?

I'm not really afraid.....just dont want to leave loved ones behind!

June -2007 - I was admitted to A&E - and kept under constant surveillance for 3 weeks - as angel nurses wore out several pairs of shoes - keeping me going.

The only words of complaint I received were a) I shouldn't giggle so much - or treat my continued existence so lightly - and b) it was impolite of me - politically incorrect - to query how much of the 6 pints of blood transfusions might have originated from Albania.

(I thought it was a quite reasonable Q to pose - but was told it was not).

Fact of the matter is - Ive been up against death's door so many times - it's almost become bit of a bore. Yawn.

My GP reckons I should have died 10 years

and was puzzled as to how I survived June 2007.

Death doesn't hold any fear - so long as it doesn't involve more pain than I can withstand - exiting stage left, with a lot of noise.

But then I'm old enough to think I've seen more or less everything - been to more funerals than I care to recall - and that can't be so for someone as young as you (???)

The only thing that i always thought about was that i wont be able to see my family no more or just to know that there will be no more life. I use to have panic attacks years ago but i am not afraid any more i read the bible and i understand that we can not live on earth forever, i wish we could that's why i live my life as if it was my last day on earth. Enjoy living and exploring life be happy and live to the fullest.

Partially. I'm only in my early 30s and would prefer to live a few decades longer.

I wouldn't say I'm afraid to die, but that doesn't mean I want to die either. Death is a natural part of life, so I'm not sure it is something worth being afraid of.

you are afraid to die because you don't know where you are going? Is there life after death? well, yeah. there are many people who have gone through near death experiences, and have lived to tell about it....most of them say, they go through this dark tunnel and then they see a light at the end of this tunnel as well as celestial angels and so forth...some have even seen a beautiful place from a distance and have sensed GOD in that place, but couldn't step into the place....while others have stepped in and have come back with a message of some kind. i believe there is life after death because of these evidences...and also because I believe in God. One of the oldest books is the bible and it has alot of truth in it....it's amazing...

I think the reason you are afraid, is because you are going to face the unknown, but it doesn't have to be this way with you...when you get to know your creator in a deeper way, you will know the truth and the truth will set you free from all fears.

I'm not afraid to die. Not at all. I'm more confident and hopeful of my life after this life ends than I am of my current life. Not that I'd do anything to rush into the next life. But afraid? Not even.

I'm not afraid to die because I've lived and loved. But I am afraid to die after my loved ones.

No, am not afraid to die. Death is part of life, we all are going to die eventually ... today, tomorrow, in 10 years mays be more, who knows ?. We all have to accept that fact no matter who we are.

Wait a minute, I never ever said I was afraid to die. Truth be told, I'm somewhat more afraid of my "retirement years" than I am of death itself.

• mjfrog

I'm not afraid to die.

Matter of fact, I could go tomorrow knowing I lived a full life.

I am afraid to die because I don't know where I will end up on the other side...fear of the unknown.