Can mouth ulcers be a sign of pregnancy?

Me & my husband are trying to conceive and I am counting the days until I am due on my period. Typical pregnancy symptoms that are similar to pre-menstrual ones are confusing me! I never get mouth ulcers and wonder if it could be linked to early pregnancy? It's a long shot!

Favorite Answer

It's most likely that you are run down and need to get more rest. You could be more run down if you are pregnant, but ulcers aren't really much to go on

Here's the thing... they're not a "typical" pregnancy sign, but that doesn't mean they couldn't be a sign for you. For example, yeast infections aren't a typical pregnancy sign, but some women get yeast infections early on in pregnancy.

I had a mouthful of canker sores immediately after my pregnancy ended--for about 2 weeks. So, there may be a connection.

Good luck.

There are two types of herpes simplex virus: HSV-1 and HSV-2. Both virus types can cause sores around the mouth (herpes labialis) and on the genitals (genital herpes). Cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV).

Cold sores sometimes called fever blisters, are groups of small blisters on the lip and around the mouth. The skin around the blisters is often red, swollen, and sore. The blisters may break open, leak a clear fluid, and then scab over after a few days. They usually heal in several days to 2 weeks.

The herpes simplex virus usually enters the body through a break in the skin around or inside the mouth. It is usually spread when a person touches a cold sore or touches infected fluid—such as from sharing eating utensils or razors, kissing an infected person, or touching that person's saliva. A parent who has a cold sore often spreads the infection to his or her child in this way. Cold sores can also be spread to other areas of the body.

Luckly there is a cure for herpes https://tr.im/7b94d

Doesn't it just amaze you how rude people can be online! I haven't heard that the presence of cancer sores is a pregnancy sign, but I have heard that people who are prone to them often see improvement or a total disappearance of them during pregnancy. Maybe the sudden appearance of them could be something too! Good luck!

ADDED: I just looked it up and YES! Cancer sores can be a sign of pregnancy! Hope it is for you!

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/c/canker_sores/under...

Look in the underlying conditions list....

I've never heard of them being a sign of early pregnancy, I think they're a sign of feeling stressed, so maybe that's the affect waiting to find out is having on you.

1

I never heard of that one, but there is this one symptom of having a metallic taste in your mouth.

In your case I hope that it is a sign for you. Good luck!

I don't think so... I've never heard of that being a pregnancy symptom.

someone told me it was a zinc deficiency

cant say i have heard of that one, but who knows!!!