what is the difference between hide and suppress in unigraphics?

what is the difference between hide and suppress in unigraphics? can u explain?

I know the difference between the two for Pro/E and SolidWorks. To hide is to graphically "not show" and item on part of the model or assembly on the screen. It is however, still a part of the model. To supress an item is to not rebuild (or regenerate) it when the model is rebuilt. In other words, supressing it takes it out of all equations like mass or interference calculations. This saves redrawing and computing time. I have some good examples if you'd like to explore them, just let me know.

i guess this is NX which has a lot of sdrc in it now, hide and suppress are both very similar, but it enables you to use either to take out the graphics, you might have a couple of configurations and you can either show all for 1, suppress to show 2 or hide to show 3 and even hide & suppress to show 4

most people just use suppress or not, but you have the choice