HOW could they kick Josiah Lemming off American Idol?!?!?!?

I hate this he was so good and he doesn't have anything to go back to! T_T

Favorite Answer

Who's fault is it that he doesn't have anything to go back to? There are LOTS of people out there who don't have much in life. I'm sure many of those people have dreams too, just like Josiah. Dreams that may never come true. Personally, I think that the judges did the right thing by not letting him make it to the Top 24. He simply wasn't as talented as some of the other contestants. It would've been a waste of a slot. I would've preferred to see the nerdy guy with glasses in the Top 24 instead of Josiah, because at least the nerdy guy had a good singing voice.

And if he's "all over Youtube", then obviously his situation isn't as bad as you think.

He was very cute and unique. However, even at his first audition he cracked on some high notes on that song that they asked him to sing. Simon gave a look of "ouch" back then but they put him through to give him a chance.

I think he is probably a great song writer and would do well in a hometown band. However his voice didn't have the kind of range that they need for American Idol.

Its not so much about him being bad or unwanted as much as it was that the others were better. Apparently all the ones that made it were better so no matter how much you want to hug this kid, they couldn't boot off a better singer to put him on.

I think he's too young and lacking of a support group right now for the very high pressures of American Idol and they wouldn't want to put him through that turmoil that he obviously can't handle yet. He had already cracked a few times and they hadn't even gotten to live shows yet.

I do love this guy. I remember Baylie Brown who I thought was the best singer but she cracked under pressure last year during Hollywood Week and forgot her lines and got the boot.

They can't have someone that will crumble under pressure.

He was lucky to go as far as he did as I would have booted him after that piano number he looked corny. I just wish his family or friends were around as he did seem alone and lonely. However I am sure he has a lot more friends now that he's famous.

Has anyone listened to his "One Last Song" single on youtube?? This dude is a songwriter. This dude is a singer. The dude is an artist. This song needs to be on the airwaves. Anyone who doesn't think so will be proven wrong in the not so distant future. This kid is gonna make it. He really does have all the talent necessary. I thought he was a little too whiny on the show also. And I'll forgive him for dismissing the band too, for being as talented as he is. Sometimes that much passion gets in the way of good sense.

LIVE AND LEARN!!!!

Hang in there Josiah!!!

Hope you get signed soon. I think you actually will be one of American Idols top stories this year. They're just not going to be able to reap the rewards of it.

I actually know Josiah. At my last church Josiah performed with our youth band. I was so excited to see him do well on Idol, but I have to admit that his countenance on the show reflected how he is in person. Talented, sure. Eager to work with others, not really. Easily upset when people don't conform to his way, yes. He is a great kid, but has a lot of growing up to do. There are plenty of people here in Morristown that love him and want to see him succeed. He does have a family and a home to return to if he so chooses.

I actually had an email conversation with Josiah last week, he is very stubborn and prefers the loner lifestyle rather than live with people, his homelessness is his personal lifestyle ( I offered to take Joshia in and share my Southern California home with him, he stated he rather be homeless in his car than live in a house). I suggested to Josiah last week that no matter what happens with Idol, that he enroll at a college or university and study music composition and performance. Josiah stated that he was done with school forever (being a high school dropout) and would never work with a group. American Idol is all about teamwork, working for Simon and sucking up to corporate bosses at Freemantle Media, a loner like Josiah never had a chance, this is why Simon sacked him off the show.Josiah needs to be a team player and needs formal musical training if he is ever going to make it in the music industry, otherwise he will always be a loner kid, living in his car, going from town to town in search of work. I wish you luck Joshia, a kid like you with no education and little training can't compete with tens of thousands of formally trained musicians attempting to get record contracts.

i really liked him AND i think he had an AMAZING voice. WHen he sang "Grace Kelly" by Mika, in the first hollywood audtion I thought he was going to be the next idol. He was just so tired and emotional during the second audition he messed up. I feel so bad for him too. You could tell he tried to play it off like everything was okay with him living in his car and all, but the poor kid is homeless and hes only 18. Very sad! hopefully this exposure gets him some help with continuing his music career. Hes all over youtube if you want to hear more of his music he is actually a really gifted song writer as well

Why do people feel sorry for him for being homeless? That's his choice. He said it the first time we saw him. "He left school. His mother was dissapointed. His family doesn't know he is homeless. They think he lives with friends" He is not homeless. He has a family to go to if he chooses. He has a freakin' car. He can't be doing that badly. I didn't have a car at 18. He's a talented kid. But he's got his head kind of up his butt a little. He couldn't work with the band. You gotta be able to work with the band for a show like AI. She told him to come back and they would work it through. He didn't and the result was a horrid performance. And other people proved they could work with the band and did good performances. Like Simone told him; if you're going to be so bold as to dismiss the band then you better really bring it. Sorry, he didn't. I say this and I liked the kid.

Josiah was pretty talented if that lady didnt put him down probaly he had the chance in last week but what im really mad is why do they get the top 50 and put the rejects down like seriously just let them sing then choose there 24 not give them more hope then crushing it look at josiah he was ready to loose they put him in now hes gone!!!! same with the others

He was very good but I think for the song "Stand By Me", he wanted his own original arrangement but there was only 1 band who had to practise with ALL the other contestants so they probably were only able to play it the "standard way".

There was no time to learn a new arrangement for the song. I'm not sure if they even want to play it in different keys. I was listening to many singers sing the same song in the same key.... which meant bad news if your voice isn't good at that key.

Josiah should have been flexible. It wasn't the night to be too original. There just wasn't time and pity the band who had to practise with everyone until the wee hours of the morning.

Good question. Why did the judges put him thru, knowing he blew the last recital, and then not put him through the next day. They gave him the wrong message and I think it was very mean spirited. My friends and I loved Josiah, and he truly is talented, just didn't have a good last performance. In addition, he's got a wonderful and adventuress human life story (similar to Kelly P), and really added a freshness to the competition. We cried tears of joy when he got put thru, and we shed tears of sorrow when they "dissed" him. Shame on the judges.

Source(s): i